Chapter 15 - Betrayal

~Not Edited~

Days passed quickly as Zoey became more social than usual. She felt really connected to Scott in some way. She gradually became normal. She would smile, put on fitting clothes no more baggy ones. But will miss classes, make out with Scott in the restroom, smoke at the back of the school, go partying especially this one they've been waiting for.

Stephan's party's been finally here. It was today.

School ended and Zoey walked towards Scott's car but he wasn't there. So she decided to wait for him.

She looked around people walking around and felt bored. Her battery was low so she walked to the back of Scott's car and put a cigarette between her lips. She searched her school bag for a lighter and didn't notice someone coming to her. Klaus stood before her with hands in his pockets and watched her search for it.

"You forgot it in class" he said and she raised her head and looked at him. She smiled when she saw him.

"Oh really?" she asked with cigarette between her lips and he gave her.

"Don't get it out in the classroom. Any teacher can see you" he said and she just opened the lighter and was about to light it when Klaus instantly took it out from her mouth.

"What?" She asked.

"I hate seeing girls smoke" he said and she chuckled.

"Fine, you can leave so I'll smoke" she said and he shook his head.

"Don't. At least for now" he said dropping the cigarette on the floor.

She looked at him not knowing what to say.

"I'm not a baby, Nick" she said and he nodded.

"Then why -"

"Zoey why don't you just go back to the way you were" he said making her furrow her brows. One thing about Klaus is that if he has something to tell you, whether good or bad, he doesn't hesitate because he believes hiding the person from the truth is only doing that person bad. Maeve suffers from it a lot. Including his friends. Now it was Zoey.

"What do you mean?" She asked with a chuckle.

"This...... your behavior, everything. You're better than this Zoey" he said and she smiled.

"Is it lecture time again cause I'm not having it. We can't have a normal conversation without you ruining it" she said and left.

"Hey" someone said behind him making him turn and see Damella. He sighed in annoyance.

"What're you doing here?" He asked.

"I honestly don't know. Did you see Stephan?" She asked.

"No. Stop asking me that all the time. If you have something to say, say it already" he said.

"I told you she wouldn't listen. Scott got her body already. He has her mind now" she said and he rolled his eyes before walking to his car.

"Where's Maeve?" Damella asked.

"She didn't come. She has a fever" he said.

"Great, so I can follow you home" she said.

"Isn't your father one of those rich politicians?" He asked saying what she liked repeating on people's heads.

"Yeah but my driver said the car broke down. I can't wait till he comes. Let's go" she said opening his car and getting into the passenger's seat.

Klaus hesitated before entering in and closing the door.