Chapter 35: Get over it

NEXT DAY, FIVE PM

Natalie and Zoey sat on Zoey's bed while on their phones. They talked and ate chips together.

"Can Mirabel come? She doesn't have plans today" Natalie said.

"Yeah, sure, let me text her" Zoey said as she moved to hear from it messages. She looked and quickly tapped on her name before typing.

Hey, come to my house, I'm waiting. Quick.

She said and dropped her phone to get drinks. She left the room leaving Natalie.

Natalie quietly pressed her phone when Zoey's phone began ringing. She looked at the phone and saw Nick with two hearts beside it.

"God, can't she hide it by saving his name simply?" She asked before looking back at her phone. She ignored the call and it stopped ringing. Then a message notification popped in. Natalie curiously looked at her phone and saw from Nick.

Why?
Now?

Suddenly Zoey entered the room.

"Your boy called you" Natalie said.

"Nick?" Zoey asked smiling before dropping the cans and going to her phone.

She unlocked it and saw the message box.

You: Hey, come to my house, I'm waiting. Quick.

Nick❤️❤️: why?

Nick❤️❤️: now?

Zoey furrowed her brows before looking at the name. She instantly covered her mouth.

"Fuck" she said and Natalie looked at her.

"What?" Natalie asked.

"I mistakenly sent it to him not Mirabel. Jesus, you're clumsy af" she said to herself still staring at the phone.

Natalie collected it and looked at the message. She quickly burst out in laughter before typing something quickly.

"What are you doing?" Zoey asked before quickly collecting her phone. Zoey looked at it and saw what Natalie sent.

Yeah, right now

"What's wrong with you?!" Zoey asked and Natalie could only smile.

"I ignored him for two days and you do this" she said quickly holding the message to delete but then his reply came in.

K

Zoey froze in shock and confusion. What just happened? Was he really gonna come?

"Natalie you-" Natalie quickly ran out of the bed before Zoey could hit her.

"Where are you going?" Zoey asked her when Natalie started wearing her shoes.

"I'll come tomorrow. I'm leaving. You guys have fun" she said before carrying her bag and leaving the room.