Epilogue: Cameron Windsor

CAMERON WINDSOR
Thirty minutes later

"We had our team view the contents of the video, and the evidence in the emails align with your statement. The judge didn't grant Mr. Cabbott bail."

I stared at the computer screen. "Make sure this stays quiet for a little while. I have to speak with my family, and the world can't find out before they do."

"His record is not for public viewing right now." The officer concluded. "You've got a few weeks before it does go public, that's all I can offer."

"That video does not leave this precinct. It will traumatize the world, and I can't have that. Any copy on his computer, after sentencing, needs to be removed. Or at the very least, see to it that it can't be accessed by anyone."

"Yes, Mr. Windsor." He eyed me carefully. "I do hope you can find peace after all of this."

I crossed my arms, still staring at James' mugshot. "That was my peace." I shook my head, disgusted. "I need to get back on track, and take my life back. I've lost enough. I've caused enough damage."

"What will you do next?"

"What I should have done a long time ago." I pressed my finger on the lid of the laptop and pushed it closed before looking at the officer. "I'm going to make my voice heard."