Chapter 4

As time went on I thought of Athenodora less and less. I miss her a little bit. There has been a couple other people who committed crimes but they didn't phase me much. I watched and spoke what was needed. Much like my old self. But I don't want to be like that anymore. I changed and I don't want to fall back into old habits. After a week went by I was back to myself again. I talked eloquently again. Then Heidi started bring the tours back. We had our fresh meat back. After the festival our guards brought us about thirty-five people to feed on. I myself could drink about three to five people. It depends on how thirsty I am.  We all feed on those people. Can you imagine having Aro Marcus and myself out drinking people right in the city square.

It's a crazy thought isn't it. We are all to powerful to be out killing at will. I try not to put myself on a pedestal but it happens sometimes. I may look very intimating but I'm not really that intimating. Well I can be when needed. I was talking with Aro when a beautiful woman came in. She was the most intriguing thing I ever saw. She came in and talked to Jane her voice was so beautiful. After a few minutes she left. I walked down to Jane and asked her who that was. She said it was a friend of hers. A American vampire who is looking for a place in the Volturi. I asked for her name and she didn't tell me.

"Master Caius, I think you will find out soon enough."