Chapter 6

Around noon the next day Mela came into the throne room with her Volturi Guard clothes on. They were like Jane's but Mela makes them look different. She makes them look more beautiful. She walked up to Jane and hugged her. I guess Jane wasn't kidding when she said she was her friend. They laughed and then Mela walked up to Aro and greeted him. God she looks so beautiful. Then she walked over to Marcus and greeted him as well. At last she walked up to me.

"Hello Caius it's very nice to see you again."

"You called me by my name, you remembered."

Just then she looked down and blushed.

"Yes I remembered Caius."

"So what is your position in the guard?"

"Well I was supposed to be a main guard like Jane but, after I introduced myself yesterday my position was changed."

"So what is your new position Mela?"

I looked right into her ruby red eyes.

"I'm supposed to guard you."

"Oh Mela can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"Who changed your position?"
"It was master Aro."

"He told me you were looking for someone to keep you company."

"Like Jane does for master Aro."

"Oh then this is great, why don't you stand next to me."

"Will do."

She did as told without thinking about it. I don't want her to feel weird around me. But the real question is why did Aro say I needed company. Is he trying to set me and Mela up. That would be amazing but I thought Marcus would of tried something. Oh who knows. It's awkward sitting here. I keep looking at her and she's looking around the room. I wonder what she's thinking. I hate not being able to read minds. I hear that gifts can be adopted. Maybe I can learn. I know the Cullens can do it so I think I will write to Carlisle to come to Volterra. I need to know what Mela thinks about me.

I feel like we are in awkward silence. So I decided to break the silence between Mela and I.

"Mela?"

"Yes?"

"I think we should get to know each other better."

She blushed beat red after I said that. She looked into my eyes and we gazed at each other. I couldn't stop looking. Then the next thing I know Aro laughed and clapped his hands. We both looked at him.

"I can see the love in the making." "Mela come here."

"Yes master Aro."

I watched her go over to Aro I know what he's doing. He's going to read her thoughts.