CHAPTER 31

Silence

1

22:35 Hours

Maxine stood before the mirror in the women's locker room, examining her reflection. Her top priority was ensuring perfection and captivating the senses. She'd have to play a seductive role, even bordering on erotic, if she wanted any chance of luring this guy out.

Yesterday, she bought a sexy outfit from an adult store and felt embarrassed when she tried it on. The dress was pointelle knit fabric, ruched with a drawstring, and its length fell well above mid-thigh. It had a low V-neck dropping to her sternum with a subtle coverage for her breasts. It hugged her body, highlighting her curves and firmness, and stressed the fullness of her chest. At its center bottom hung a drawstring, allowing her to adjust its length to just below her crotch.

As she backed away from the mirror to get the full effect, she took in her black, over-the-knee, laced-up boots, hugging her calves.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

As she turned to look at her back and how the seem fell below her cheeks, it amazed her at how sexy she could look. At that point, her nerves overwhelmed her. Especially when she heard Bongiovanni's sickening voice outside of the locker room.

His loud and arrogant tone made her cringe. She remembered two days earlier when Kelly went after him. The memory made her smile. She bit her lower lip, looking at herself in the mirror.

And that day, William Kelly, I fell in love with you.

Max remembered him with Bongiovanni and withstanding the attack of the two asshole detectives. He exuded an irresistible allure, his presence captivating with undeniable appeal.

He filled me with an electric energy that heightened my senses. He's so hot!

Kelly defending her was enough to leave her heart racing.

As Maxine remembered that moment, she felt a tantalizing mixture of seduction and desire. Being near him was like being enveloped in a warm embrace, a rush of heat that sent shivers down her spine.

Why not Kelly? You'll love this.

Max let go of her inhibitions, though just for a moment, she felt playful and wanted to share it with him. She went to the countertop and took her cell from her pocketbook. Then, going back to the mirror, Maxine posed.

She put her hand across her forehead, feeling the warmth of her skin through the fabric of her sleeve. Her hair teased, creating a playful, lustful look. She pulled in her cheeks, creating deep hollows, and puffed her lips, giving herself a seductive pout. She placed one leg in front of the other, the drawstring cinching around her waist. Then she took a selfie, showcasing her front side and back.

"Maxie," shouted Bongiovanni. "Are you ready?"

Ignoring him, she opened her contacts and found Kelly's number. With a quick glance, she double-checked the pictures, attached them, and then clicked send.

After going to her locker, she pulled out a single-breasted, long black trench coat and buttoned it to the top.

Sally Bongiovanni, you'll never see this. Ever!

2

Maxine sat in the back of the blacked-out SUV as asshole detective number one pulled onto Wall Road and passed the bus terminal.

Bongiovanni was in the passenger's seat, and asshole detective number two was in the rear driver's side seat. Max saw Six-three David parked, with the lights out, as if they were riding out the shift.