#03 Strings That Hold Them Together

#03.1......

The dim lights prevailed in the SR Mansion as he entered inside.
Tarun, the house help brought a glass of water for him. He took the glass and sat down on the sofa. However, Tarun took his coat from his hands and asked him whether he needed anything. He shook his head negatively and put the empty glass on the table as he stood up to leave.

Crossing the corridors he entered his room. Unlocking his wrist watch he placed it on the side table along with his phone.

His eyes caught the sight of a photo frame that was placed on the side table. He picked it up and sat down on the bed.

The cute little Avi, with his curly dark brownish hairs falling on his forehead and a mischievous smile on his face.

A smile appeared on his face.

Avi was a connection to his both sons. Aryan and Arjun.

He opened the frame and there it was Aryan & Arjun's photo beneath Avyaan's photo.

They both were standing beside each other. Arjun was laughing looking at Aryan. His eyes were sparkling with mischievousness. However, Aryan was smiling at him raising his hands.

Such a beautiful picture..........
Aryan's smile...
Arjun's laughter.....

Everything was lost now.

He still remembered the last conversation he had with Aryan. The voice of Aryan rang in his ears.

"Dad. I want something from you."
He looked at his son. It was rare when Aryan asked for anything.

Aryan & Arjun were quite young when their mother passed away.
Since then he had found Aryan very mature, understanding, composed, and a good listener. He let go of things and avoided fights.

SK always thought that Aryan had got all of these qualities from his mother but on the other hand, his youngest son was a little impulsive, more outspoken, and super stubborn.

He truly believed 'koi aik sunaye to agay se das sunao aur Kuch log to is qabil hotay Hain k wo aik na bhi sunayen phir bhi unhen das sunayin jayen.'

SK won't admit it but he knew his youngest son had gotten these superpowers from him, he even once heard Arjun saying to Aryan 'Badtameezi mujhay virasat mein Mili hai.'
SK knew only Arjun could be the one who would be proud of that.

"I need a promise from you."
He heard Aryan's voice.

"Kaisa promise?"
SK looked towards his son. He was unable to proceed with what was happening and where this conversation was leading.

"Arjun ko maaf kar den....."
SK was taken aback by his words.

Aryan knew his father wanted Arjun to leave his job to get the apology and Arjun was not ready to do it at any cost.

His dream job...... due to which he left his house, his family, his comfort, his everything..... How could he leave that job!!! It was not just a job for him. It was his passion, his dream, and Aryan understood that but Mr. Suryakant Rawte didn't.
He was adamant......

"Dad plz......"
Aryan wanted to say further but he stopped as he saw his father standing up & leaving the place.

"Meray liye na sahi Avyaan k liye kar den."
He could hear Aryan's last sentence as he left the place without looking back.