#05 Strings Of Fate

Today after two years when she had put her head on the pillow she didn't feel like to ever woke up again.

She wanted to wake up in the morning. She wanted to see the new day. The rise of the sun. The rays of the light.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes not before acknowledging in her heart that she was not alone anymore on this path as a face flashed in front of her eyes.

"One day everything will be fine."
For the first time in these two years, she felt that.

Otherwise, she used to tell this line to the sleeping figure of her father to assure herself, to tell herself that this was going to happen one day.

But her heart always sank whenever she asked this directly to herself, "Will everything be fine one day?"

She knew the path she was walking could lead her to even death and she was not scared of death.

She was not weak but the thought of dying without being able to serve justice to her father pricked her heart.

She wanted the world to know that her father was not a traitor and she was not the daughter of a traitor.

She wanted to say proudly in front of everyone that she was the daughter of an honest police officer who could sacrifice his life for his country.

At least now she had hope that justice would be served even if she died in this journey and that was the most satisfying feeling for her.
Because she had trusted the right person.

____________________________

The shrill of the phone jerked him off his sleep.
He looked around and tried to grab about his surroundings. He was on the couch in his lodge room.
Yesterday night he came late and threw himself on the couch. He didn't even bother to change.

He straightened up. He was expecting the call from Rathore to remind him that he was late for the office but after one look at his phone that had stopped ringing, he was proven wrong.
He thought Rathore would have called him a hundred times till now but there was not a single call from him.

Honestly, even he didn't dare to deal with this man right now.

He was engrossed in his thoughts when the door opened and Vijay entered his room claiming it as his territory.

Arjun shook his head and regretted the day he had given the duplicate keys to his room to this man.

"Why didn't you pick up my call?"
Vijay asked him and Arjun rolled his eyes in return as if saying 'Can't you see buddy I was sleeping?'

But Vijay being Vijay, threw himself on the couch beside him, picked up the LCD remote from the table, pressed the on button, and started surfing the channels.

"What?"
He asked bothered by the continuous stares of Arjun.

"Go & freshen up bro. Office nhi Jana Kya?"
Vijay exclaimed and Arjun stood up clenching his jaws.

"Listen!!! Where is your charger? Ye Mera phone to lga do Zara."

He ordered while passing his phone towards Arjun. However, his eyes were fixed on the LCD screen.

Arjun almost snatched the phone from his hand.
"Tum aik charger nahi khareed saktay?"

He looked towards Arjun at his question.

"Are you making fun of your poor, unprivileged, and deprived friend?"

Oh, God!!! Somebody plz note the hurt in his voice.