#04.2 Strings Of The Past

#04.2

DIG Anand Verma was accused of leaking confidential information. His case was never investigated properly. He was trapped, he was blamed, he was accused and he was punished.

The question was why?
Nobody tried to find out the answer to this question.

The last news about him was his suicide but no one bothered.

Who cared if a traitor had decided to end his life, he was a culprit in everyone's eyes but the question was, was he? And did he deserve this?

Who cares? Only the ones whose lives were at stake, the family that suffered, and the person who endured. No one else bothered.

"Do you think Anand Verma was trapped?"
Vijay asked glancing at Arjun who was sitting on the couch looking at the laptop on the table, in front of him.

"It is possible....."
Arjun replied.

"What do you think what's the connection between DIG Anand Verma and Roshni."
Vijay asked.

"Those missing girls and the ASHA NGO........"
Arjun replied looking at him who was leaning against a wall.

"They were from the same NGO where Roshni used to work and by the way my wife was not an ordinary social worker. There was a detective in her."
Arjun said remembering something.

"Of course! Bivi kis ki thi."
Vijay commented and got a glare from Arjun but he was not bothered even a bit.

"You know what Vijay!!! What's the weird part?"
Vijay looked at Arjun with a questioning gaze at his words.

"From last year I have searched about all the cases related to every single NGO Roshni had ever visited or worked for."

Arjun continued and fixed his gaze on the official page of ASHA NGO that was now blinking on the laptop's screen.

"Even this NGO.......ASHA."
He looked at Vijay who was listening to him carefully.

Arjun turned the laptop screen towards him where a suited-booted person was standing with a few girls.

Vijay took a few steps and bent down to take a look at the screen.

"Who is this person?"
Vijay questioned looking at the well-suited man with those girls in the picture, blinking on the laptop screen.

"Shekhar Indrajeet Kundra."
Arjun replied.

"He is the trustee of this NGO."
Arjun told him.

Vijay nodded and scrolled down.

"There is no information about those missing girls' case on the official page of this NGO and I am unable to find a single connection between those girls and this NGO.."
Arjun said.

"How could it be possible?"
Vijay straightened up.

"Veer, my colleague, told me those were the same girls who went missing from that NGO."
Vijay was fully confused now.

"Well, he is the only person who is claiming this. However, the case that is in the police record doesn't mention the name of that NGO."
Arjun said.

"If we go according to the information we have, this case has no connection with the ASHA NGO, and those girls belong to a small orphanage that was burnt due to a short circuit."
Arjun added.

Dead end.......
Vijay sighed in defeat.

"Your colleague, what was his name? Veer... Last time we visited his house he was out of town. When is he coming back?"
Arjun asked.