Six

You shudder, feeling Ra's saliva dripping down your chin.

Struggling against the powerful deity, but his grip is too strong. You start to feel hazed as you feel Ra's teeth grazing you neck.

At that moment, a loud commotion is heard outside the palace. Gilgamesh rushes out to investigate, but Ra quickly releases you from his grasp and disappears into the shadows.

You collapse to the ground, gasping for air. Gilgamesh kneels down beside you, concern etched on his face.

"Are you okay?" he asks, helping you up.

You nod weakly, still trying to shake off the shock of Ra's attack. Gilgamesh's eyes narrow as he senses someone approaching them.

"Who's there?" he calls out, his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Suddenly, a figure emerges from the shadows.

The shy, timid figure been replaced by a powerful deity, his eyes glowing with a supernatural light.

"I am Thoth, the god of wisdom and writing," the figure introduces himself.

"And I have come to set things right."

Thoth reaches out, his hand glowing with a brilliant light.

"I will erase Ra's assault from your memory and restore order to this kingdom," he declares.

You and Gilgamesh look on in amazement as Thoth's power flows into you, and the memories of Ra's attack fade away.

You take a deep breath, feeling stronger and more confident than before.

"Thank you, Thoth," you say.

"You have saved me from a great ordeal."

Gilgamesh nods, his fondness for Thoth is also evident in his voice.

"I owe you a great debt, Thoth. I shall never forget your kindness."

Thoth bows his head in acknowledgement before disappearing into the night.

"What has just happened?" the Mesopotamian king questions.

"I-I actually don't know"

°°°

"You're supposed to set things straight, not attack her, Ra"

"I didn't assault her, I just wished to introduce myself to her" Ra explains, drinking wine.

"We should stay away and let Set and Horus deal with their conflict by themselves"

The sun deity laughs, taking a seat and crossing on leg over the other.

"If we let them deal with it alone, death will follow everywhere...and I thought you were the wise one, Thoth"

"If everyone takes side, a conflict will happen within us and will find separation"

Ra shrugs, filling his now empty cup.

"We will have to wait and see what happens then, but good always triumphs no matter how long it takes"

"None of us are good" Thoth asserts.

"Exactly, but you know who is good"

Thoth stays silent, knowing the answer, so Ra continues.

"That Egyptian queen is someone pleasant to stare at and speak with"