Eight

"Why do you look so terrified?"

"Me? terrified? no, I'm fine" you deny nervously.

You can't believe you are actually meeting the other Egyptian gods.

Horus smiles warmly at you, as his mother walks up to you two with a smile on her face.

Isis pulls her son into a tight hug, kissing his forehead as he does the same.

This is a heartwarming scene, you can't wait to do the same when your sweet baby boy grows up.

"You must be (Y/n), the queen reign of Egypt" you nod at her.

"Yes, it's a great honor to meet you" you express.

"Your son,  is destined for greatness, he will be remembered through history" 

Her predication for Narmer's future shocks you, but at the same time you smile in gratefulness.

"I would love to see him grow up to be an amazing man like his father"

Horus sneers silently at the mention of your late husband, feeling great jealousy.

"I'm sure he will be much greater then his own father" Isis proclaims, noticing her son's displeasure.

You smile slightly, also feel Horus' annoyance and discomfort.

"Follow me, others are waiting for you patiently in the throne room.

You take a deep breath, trying to calm your racing heart down.

Horus offers you his hand, in hopes of comforting your worries about meeting his family.

Your eyes meets his warm ones as you take his hand into yours

𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋𓇋

"Who allowed this mortal to be in our presence?!"

"I informed Ra about Queen (Y/n)"

"This is madness, the next nothing you know, mortals will have the upper hand"

"She isn't that beautiful"

"But she is beautiful"

"I wish to drink her blood"

"This is enough!"

Ra's angry voice echos through the large room, silencing everyone.

"Today the queen of Egypt has decided to inform us of a plan to solve Horus and Set's conflict in a civil way"

Ra informs the others, using his authoritive tone to not leave anyone the right to argue with him.

"And what is her suggestion?"

The goddess with cow's ears assures, she is also the one who just confirmed that you look beautiful.

You realize that this is Hathor, your favorite goddess since childhood.

Your mother would always tell you tales about the deity of love and how she supposedingly blessed you at birth.

Now, you wonder if this was true.

"I suggest we make a boat race"

"What are the rules?" Thoth asks, encouraging you to speak more.

"The rules are simple, who reaches the other bank side of the Nile river first, wins" you state.

"This is boring, how about who reaches the other side first in a boat made out of stone wins the race" Set suggests

You were about to argue that this is wrong and the boat will surely sink.

But Ra accepts.

"Alright, the race will be tomorrow at sunrise"

"Wait, but-"

"What else, my dear, I'm sure we can discuss it"

Sekhmet, the most hated goddess in ancient Egypt asks, licking her lips.

This is the woman who made the blood comment.

She is also the same deity who murdered many Egyptians in the past, to drink their blood.

"Nothing" you stutter out in fear.

Thoth, despite being the smartest and knowing the aftermath of the race, didn't say anything.

He wished for both Set and Horus to sink.

Honestly, you thought that Set would have a trick up his sleeve.

Little do you that Horus is the one who is truly sneaky.