Two

You can't believe that you chose to help Horus instead of being neutral in this whole conflict.

Yet Horus has every right to fight Set after the deity of war stole his claim to the throne.

But still, the fear of your people being in danger due to your rush decision is something that plagues your mind.

"My queen, is there something wrong, you seem to be deep in thought"

Your advisor, Amasis, inquires, after noticing that you were not paying any attention to what he was saying.

"Would you believe me if I told you that I met Horus?"

"In your dreams, my queen?"

You look at him with an amused expression.

"No, in real life, I met him yesterday at the temple while I was eating- I mean praying to the gods to accept my offerings," You say.

Amasis raises an eyebrow, noticing how you corrected your sentence, but doesn't question it

"Well, if Horus appeared to you, that means you must have prayed really hard"

"Nah, he appeared to inform me of an upcoming war between him and Set" you explain, before taking a sip from your water.

"And he made me to choose a side, so I chose his side" you finish, looking at Amasis.

Your advisor stays silent, trying to process what you just told him.

Getting impatient with his silence, you decide to break it.

"You think I'm crazy, don't you?" Amasis shook his head at you.

"No, of course not, my queen... but was it a good idea to choose Horus' side? Set is the god of chaos after all"

"Evil loses in the end, no matter how anyone tries to deny or stop that"

Amasis nods his head in agreement, his face heats up when you touch his hand with a smile on your face.

"We should always stay prepared if anything happens, I depend on you to have the soldiers provided with their needs"

The dark-haired man nods at you without hesitation, his hand grabbing yours.

"Of course, your highness, I would even kill for you"

Your eyes widen in shock, never less, you chuckle, thinking that he is joking.

"Oh, I'm sure it won't come to that"

Suddenly, the guards announce the arrival of the messenger.

Once the man enters, you quickly pull your hand away from Amasis to not arouse any suspicious ideas.

But the man wasn't Egyptian, he was a foreigner.

"Thank you for welcoming me your highness, I'm a messenger from the lands of Mesopotamia, and I'm here to deliver a letter from the new king"

You title your head in confusion because you remember that the last king didn't have any children.

"A new king?"

"His name is Gilgamesh"