Four

After a week of Horus left with his uncle, you kept guards at every corner of the palace.

You also refused to leave your son's side, you bring him with you to all occasions, fearing that something might happen to him.

Four days ago, you got a reply from Gilgamish, changing his plans, and deciding to visit Egypt instead of you coming to Mesopotamia.

Anticipation fills the air as the great king's arrival is set for this very day.

It's important to make sure all preparations are in place to welcome him with a grand reception.

You ensured that the palace is ready, the security measures are effective, and the arrangements for any planned events or meetings are in order.

However, upon seeing the sumerian king for the first time, you can't help but feel intermediate by his appearance.

You are impressed by his towering stature, cascading curly locks that fell to his torso, and piercing brown eyes.

"I welcome you to Egypt, I'm delighted to have you in my here, King Gilgamesh" you greet the man.

Gilgamesh's gaze shifted towards Narmer, cradled on your handmaiden's hip, accompanied by a condescending remark.

"Ruling alone must pose quite a challenge for you, being a widowed woman."

The way he speaks quickly gives away his infamous personality.

He is an egocentric man.

"Your son, Prince Narmer should be able to walk and talk by now, should he not?"

You narrow your eyes at the epic hero, but your advisor, Amasis, answers for you.

"Prince Narmer is ten months old"

Gilgamesh hums with boredom, not paying any attention to the man's words.

"I started to speak and walk at only five months, I suppose Egyptian children are frail after all" Gilgamesh states bluntly.

Instead of steaming out of anger, you simply smile at him.

"My son shall grow to be a stronger fair king while you grow to be an old man as the days pass"

You knew that you have hit a weak point as Gilgamesh always wished to be an immortal.

However, you didn't get the reaction you had hoped for, when he walks over to your handmaiden and seized Narmer from her.

"I have no doubt that he shall grow to be great, but greatness will forever pale in comparison to my own,"

He proclaimed, a hint of superiority lingering in his voice.

Narmer suddenly grabs into Gilgamesh's locks, pulling on them harshly.

"Got a strong little fist here" the king jokes, trying to pull the baby's hand away.

But fails, as the your son's small fist is strong.

Those small chubby hands once they grab into hair, they never let go unless they want to.

"Do you need help?" you tease the now frustrated Gilgamesh.

"No, I got everything under control"

Amasis looks around, sensing that someone is watching over the conversation other then those in the throne room.

Little does he know, that Thoth, deity of knowledge, is spying on them.