One

You can't rule a whole country on your own.

Why?

Because it is simply a huge task on anyone's shoulders, as you hold the responsibility for the wellbeing of many citizens.

But, what choice do you have? Your son is an infant, and your deceased husband's family is all dead.

So, it is left for you to be a regent queen until your son, Narmer, grows up to rule Egypt. 

Right now you are at the temple with the priests, before the coronation, you are to make offerings to Gods especially Ra to get blessings.

And to also please the people, because honestly, you are not religious at all.

You even avoided going to the temples and made up excuses to not go.

"We are going to leave so you could give your offerings and do your prayers in peace, my queen"

You nod as the priests leave you alone in the temple.

The moment the doors are closed, you look down at the basket of fruits you are holding with a smirk.

"My favorite fruits are there, delicious," you say, before sitting beside the huge statue of Set.

You start eating from the offering, not caring about anything but enjoying yourself.

Those offerings go to waste and rot, so why don't you enjoy them instead?

What are those deities going to do, curse you? turn your life upside down?

Your husband has done a lot of offerings, yet still died young during the war, only in his twenties.

"Huh, Set, god of war? More like the god of idiocy, what is he good for? Absolutely nothing"

You speak your thoughts out loud, taking another bite of your fruit.

"The poor deserve those offerings more than these fake deities," you say.

"Indeed they do deserve it, I agree with you on that one, my queen"

Your whole body froze except those shivers crawling up your skin upon hearing the unfamiliar voice.

You turn around to come face-to-face with... a scary-looking man that has the head of a falcon

No, that's not a man for sure.

"Oh, sorry,  did I scare you?" the bird-like entity says, with a hint of playfulness in his tone.

"You are real,"  you say, finally processing that Horus is standing in front of you.

"Of course, and you ate my offerings so mercilessly" Horus mocks.

When he notices the uneasy look on your face, he smirks.

"You must be scared of my appearance, let me change it for you"

With a flick of his fingers, Horus's head turns into a normal human head.

His hair is dark as the night and reaches down to his mid back in straight locks, and his eyes are another story.

His right eye is golden yellow, and his left one is light grey.

"That's better, don't you agree?"  the sky deity says,  reaching a hand out to touch you, but you back away.

"What are you doing here? Are you here to hurt me and my son?" 

Horus shook his head at you, a smile still present on his face.

"No, I came to inform you that there is an upcoming war between me and my uncle, and I wish for you to take a side"

Your eyes widen at the information.

"And if I refuse to take a side?" 

"Then you shall end up dead like your dear husband without my blessings"