Ten

After the boat race, you focused on your duties and being the best mother to your son, Narmer.

But you are facing a little problem.

Gilgamesh.

This Mesopotamian king insists on wedding you and he is very determined.

Well his determination is the one which got him his heroic title.

His motivation wasn't solely for political gain, but also for a more personal connection.

Annoyed and confused, you called upon your council of elders for advice.

"Your Highness," began an elderly sage.

"King Gilgamesh has proven his mettle in battle many times over. If this union will bring prosperity to our land and protect our people, it may be worth considering."

The other elders nodded in agreement, their expressions thoughtful.

You knew they only had the best interests of your people at heart.

Still, you couldn't help but feel conflicted.

"I have to disagree"

Your advisor, Amasis, cuts in confidently.

"The people would be against a foreign marriage, so it is better that the queen stays unmarried"

You smirk when you hear the jealous undertone of your advisor.

Amasis' words just affirmed the rumors of him having a romantic admiration for you.

"The queen can strength the country's allience if-"

Your advisor is quick to interrupt anyone objecting with his opinion.

"What do you think, my queen?"

Leaning back in your seat, you stare at Amasis playfully, with your thumb under the the side of your face while your index on your cheek.

"I think I should marry you instead, advisor Amasis"

You got the reaction you wanted when you saw his face heat up, turning red from embressement.

Amasis spluttered, trying to regain his composure.

"My queen, I meant no harm. It was just an opinion. You know I am loyal to you and the crown."

You chuckle softly, shaking your head.

"Amasis, I know that, I'm just giving an example to the council, that marrying you is far beneficial then Gilgamesh" 

"We don't understand what you are implying, my queen"

You sigh in boredom, leaning back in your seat with one leg crossed over the other.

"Gilgamesh has great qualities, but you forget that he is greedy, and be assured that I won't be the road for him to conquerer Egypt"

The council members exchanged glances, some nodding in agreement with you.

The tension in the room dissipated, replaced by a sense of relief. You stood up, signaling the end of the meeting.

"Thank you for your insight, council. Amasis, please send a response to King Gilgamesh, tell him I am grateful for his interest, but I require more time to consider the proposal."

As the council members left the chamber, you turned to Amasis with a mischievous grin.

"A good advisor knows his queen better than she knows herself, don't you think, Amasis?"

🪷🪷🪷

"Haven't I already declared that I don't desire to be included in Horus and Set conflict"

You glare at the Egyptian deity as he smirks at you, cocking his head to the side.

"Who said anything about a conflict, I came here to introduce myself as a new god"

You raise a eyebrow, inspecting the entity infront of you.

He has very long pure gold hair, but not blond, no, pure orange gold as the sun.

His skin is dark tan and his eyes are violet.

"Aten, I'm Aten, and I'm-"

"The sun"

"Yes, and the one true god"

You stare at him for a second.

Before bursting out in laughter.