Five

"Have you ever thought about remarrying?"

"No, and I believe this is the third time you have asked me this question if my memory serves me right"

Gilgamesh rolls his eyes at your answer, finding it annoying.

"Indeed, but I have asked you in a different way" you chuckle.

"Yes, I remember, and I will recite the other two questions that you have asked me about in the same matter"

You state, putting two finger up.

"The first question was if I ever though about continuing my life with a new man"

You one of the two fingers down, and continue.

"The second question, was if I was thinking about having a child if I got remarried"

You let your hand fall back to your side and smile in a mocking way at the king.

"And the answer was no"

"Then let me be direct with you, I think we should get married and unite Egypt and Mesopotamia"

"Marrying you won't make you a king, you will be just a stepfather however, it is also demand immoral for an Egyptian woman to marry a foreigner"

Your response left Gilgamesh feeling disappointed and frustrated.

It seemed like all of his efforts to convince you of his potential were in vain.

Suddenly, a huge sand storm filled the air, causing.

"The weather is bad today" he states.

You stare up at the sky with fear, grabbing into Gilgamesh's wrist to drag him with you.

"Let us get inside, before we go blind"

𓅢

"The food tastes good, but not as good as the food in Mesopotamia"

You grit your teeth at the dark haired man, ready to snap at him, but stop yourself as a servant places other plates in front of you two.

However, there is something that caught your attention about the servant.

You have never seen him before.

As a matter of fact, you are the one who hires the servants, therefore you know their names and faces.

You decide to wait until after dinner before questioning the servant.

Right now, you need to secure trading pacts with Gilgamesh to support Egypt's exports of goods.

And you know exactly how to convince an egotistical man like him.

"Gilgamesh" you say, with a sugar sweet coated tone.

Once he looks at you, you place a hand on top of his own.

"I was thinking that we should expand our..."

𓅢

After the meal, you excuse yourself from the table, you go searching for the servant from earlier.

And find him standing in the empty hallways, drinking beer from a cup.

"Excuse me, young man," you say, trying to keep your voice low.

He doesn't even bow when he sees you.

"I couldn't help but notice you earlier. You're not one of my usual servants. May I ask, where are you from?"

"Did you enjoy yourself?"

His question caught you off guard, but you quickly realize whom you are speaking to.

"You are one of the deities"

"Ra"

He introduces himself, before grabbing your neck and slamming you against the wall.

"I believe we have some things to clear up, my dear"

You feel Ra's wet tongue licking your cheek.

"Or maybe I should devour you"