Chapter 14: Remember the robot?

Maverick and Ari finally made it to his 'hideout.' He threw Ari down onto the cold, cement ground.

"WELCOME TO MY EVIL LAIR!" He yelled dramatically, his voice echoing throughout the area.

Ari smiled, "Welcome indeed." He stayed sitting down to prevent Maverick trouble. After all, he did feel bad after what he did the first time they met.

"Can you at least pretend to be scared?! It'll boost my ego!" Maverick groaned, squating onto the ground, in front of Ari.

"Why isn't your ego high already? If I looked like you, I'd be the most confident person on Earth." He chuckled softly.

"YOU BETTER STOP THAT, WIZARD BOY! I'm already annoyed by your excessive blabbering!" He squinted his eyes, staring Ari up and down. "GOODNESS ME, YOU'RE A MESS!" He shouted, jabbing a finger at Ari's chest. "What in the world happened?!" He tilted his head, awaiting an answer.

"My idiotic friends decided they'd have a mud fight," Ari snorted, rolling his eyes.

"A mud fight? How immature." Maverick stood back up, opening a nearby door that led.. somewhere.

"My thoughts exactly. You know, Maverick, we think a lot alike. We'd made good friends." He chuckled, shifting around in the slightest.

"WE AREN'T FRIENDS! My boss hates you and your friends; therefore, I have to hate you as well!" He took out a form-fitting long-sleeved shirt and black jeans that flared out at the bottom.

"I'm sick of seeing you in that god-awful outfit. Change into these." He threw the clothes at Ari's face. He took them in his hands and stood up,

"Why, thank you, I greatly appreciate this," he thanked kindly and took off his hat, setting it down next to him.

"You're NOT welcome." Maverick scoffed and walked over to his desk, turned away from Ari so that he could change.

After about two minutes, Maverick turned back around when Ari said that he could. The clothes fit him surprisingly well, Ari placed his hat back on his head. Maverick stared directly at him for a moment.

"It's rude to stare, you know." He chuckled softly.

Maverick's face reddened, "I WASN'T STARING, YOU'RE JUST SEEING THINGS!" He yelled angrily.

"Someone's awfully defensive, hm?" He rolled his eyes playfully, sitting back down on the ground.

"Whatever." Maverick opened his drawer, taking out a washrag. He ran over to the tank that was still full of water from before, carefully putting the rag into the water. Small sparks shot out from his hands, he winced, but tried to ignore it. He ran back over to Ari and bent down, "Stay still," he said sternly, beginning to wipe the mud off of his face.

"I could do this myself; you know." Ari glanced up at him, his face glowing a subtle shade of red.

"Don't make this weird, I just can't stand to see you uglier than you already are, that's all," Maverick mumbled, embarrassment in his tone.

"It just seems like you care about me, is that what it is?" He smiled slyly, making Maverick even more flustered.

"I do NOT. In fact, I hate you! A lot!" He stood back up after he was done cleaning off his face, throwing the washrag aside.

"If you hated me, then why'd you choose to kidnap me rather than any of the others?" Ari asked, genuinely curious to know.

"Because... um..." Maverick paused, "because you were the first one I saw-!" He said quickly.

"Very well." Ari shrugged. Maverick rummaged through his drawer until he found what he needed. He pulled out some rope, walking back over to Ari. "Why do you insist on tying me up? I mean, it's not like I'm going to move either way," he mumbled, holding out his hands.