Chapter 1: The Collector Part 1

While Lila had decided to stay in school, Marinette had reached Master Fu's massage parlor... where the old guardian sensed her presence before she even opened the door.

"Hello again, Ladybug." the old guardian greeted his red-tipped-haired pupil, sitting in the middle of the room like he usually did when she visited and lifting his gaze from his cup to watch as Marinette entered the room.

"Hello, Master Fu. I think I have something that you might be interested in seeing." Marinette replied, closing the door behind her and pulling out the book from her bag to show it to him. At the sight of the book in Marinette's hands, Master Fu gasped in shock before rising to his feet and walking towards her.

"I can't believe it! I haven't seen this book in 172 years." Master Fu uttered in awe as he took the book from Marinette's hands, opening it up to look through the pages.

"So you do know what it is?" Marinette asked, Tikki flying out of her purse as she spoke.

"Indeed I do." Master Fu admitted, followed by him gesturing to his tea table and the two of them sitting down on opposite sides of it. "As you know, when I was much, much younger, I made a mistake that destroyed the guardian temple and also resulted in two of the Miraculous lost that same day." the Guardian began to explain, opening the book to the start of it.

"However, I didn't mention how another thing was lost that day... the ancient spellbook." Master Fu added, turning to one of the pages within the book and landing on the one with an ancient Turtle Miraculous Holder on it.

"Tikki said earlier that it holds secrets of the Miraculous. But all I've seen that it has are drawings of old superheroes and a bunch of strange symbols." Marinette brought up, pointing to the symbols written on the page presented.

"Not strange to a Guardian." Master Fu simply stated, a smirk appearing on his lips. "Back in the days, I was never allowed to even have a look at it, but I know enough to be able to partially decipher the code." the guardian explained, revealing his previously unmentioned skills and causing a smile to appear on Marinette's and Tikki's faces.

"As Tikki has said, these pages contain various spells and techniques capable of giving the Miraculous Holders special abilities we haven't known about. Until now, that is!" Master Fu elaborated, turning the pages to show the images depicting different transformations of each Miraculous. "Obviously, this book is invaluable." the old master breathed, leaving Marinette in awe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at the Agreste Mansion, things were not looking good for Adrien. After Plagg had explained how important his father's book was, Adrien had immediately tried to leave his room to go and find it. But before he could even mutter the words to transform, his father barged into his room with a scowl, followed by Nathalie as she held a tablet in her hands. The next few minutes after that consisted of Adrien meekly sitting in his desk chair while Nathalie revealed images from his father's office... specifically of Adrien taking the spellbook out of the safe.

"Why did you take the book?" Gabriel calmly inquired of his son, facing the wall of windows and holding his hands behind his back while he retained his unnerving posture.

"I... I just wanted to know what you were hiding behind that portrait that was so important." Adrien replied, trying to explain his actions to his father as he stewed in silent fury. "You never told me about those things." the blonde muttered to himself, mopily looking down at the floor before looking back at his father.

"I was intending to give it back to you, I swear! But then... I lost it." Adrien explained, hoping his words would help get him out of punishment.

"How can I possibly trust you again, Adrien?" Gabriel questioned, still facing the windows while Adrien curled in on himself with his father's words.