Chapter 12: Befana Part 2

(Italics: Singing)

Whilst Chat Noir and now Ladybug were making their way towards Befana, the witchy akuma was now flying above the city, flanked by her fairies in the sunset-coloured sky. As she made her way through the city, Befana had taken to gaining more minions and punishing more offenders, proudly singing as she did.

"La Befana comes at night, on her shaky broom in flight." Befana sang whilst flying in the sky above Paris, turning a young boy who accidentally littered and a little boy teasing a little girl into coal. "She gives out candy to those who are dandy." She continued as she turned a teen helping a woman and her baby and a firefighter saving a little girl's cat into more fairies, the two flying up to join her ranks.

"And only gives coal to brats with no soul." Befana belted out just after turning a man honking his car horn into coal, happy with herself for taking care of such a rude man.

But her feeling of accomplishment was short-lived when she suddenly came face to face with Chat Noir's staff, the weapon being extended in her flight path and knocking her off her bike. Fortunately, FairyRose and Fairy Sabine swooped down to catch her, carrying Befana up to the roof Chat Noir just happened to be perched on.

"Chat Noir comes in, unexpectedly," Chat Noir crooned, singing to the same melody as Befana while posing as an opera singer with his staff in hand, but stopping short when he realized he didn't have a rhyme. "Uh, how do I make that rhyme?" the feline wondered to himself, just seconds before Ladybug suddenly arrived and landed beside him.

"Fighting evil with his lady!" Ladybug sang, finishing his song as she mimicked his pose and spun her yo-yo into a shield behind her.

"Of course! Not bad, Bugaboo!" Chat Noir praised, drawing a smile from the spotted heroine just as Hawkmoth decided to step back into the action upon Ladybug's arrival.

"Ladybug has joined the party at last! Bring me the Miraculous, Befana!" Hawkmoth ordered his akuma, thrilled that he had the chance to get both magic jewels while Befana was not as eager yet.

"You didn't say the magic word!" Befana practically sang, catching Hawkmoth by surprise at the back talk before he reluctantly cleared his throat.

"Ahem. Please." Hawkmoth indignantly forced out while hunching his shoulders in annoyance, leaving Befana delighted by his manners.

"Much better, Hawkmoth!" Befana praised the terrorist, cutting off contact with him before directing her focus to Chat Noir. "You little thief! Where have you hidden Marinetta?!" the witch akuma demanded as she pointed at the hero in black, glaring at the one who helped her granddaughter escape punishment.

"I forgot." Chat Noir playfully lied, shrugging his shoulders with a look of faux forgetfulness.

"Watch out, or you'll be getting a time out of your own" Ladybug warned Befana as she stopped spinning her yo-yo and held it in her hands, pulling the string out in preparation for the ensuing fight.

"Take care of these little villains." Befana commanded the fairies behind her, her minions quickly starting to attack Ladybug and Chat Noir in a flurry of white feathers, forcing the two heroes to dodge them. While the heroes were fighting off the fairies, Befana was trying to figure out where Chat Noir had hidden Marinette. "Now... What does the villainous cat burglar do when he feels threatened?" the akuma mused aloud, her gaze soon wandering off to the side and spotting the Eiffel Tower.

"He climbs!" Befana exclaimed in triumph, now knowing where to look. With her destination set, Befana started running across the rooftops towards the monument, soon jumping onto her motorcycle after it automatically flew back to her side and headed for the Eiffel Tower. But after he dodged another fairy, Chat Noir looked behind him and saw Befana escaping, only to realize where she was heading.