CHAPTER 6

Haseena, her mind consumed by thoughts, enters her villa. In the living area, Noor Jahan, Shivani, and Misri engage in light conversation. Oblivious to her surroundings, Haseena ascends the stairs.

Noticing her absence, Noor Jahan calls out, "Hasu?"

Haseena responds, pulling herself out of her thoughts,"Yes..."

Noor Jahan says in an upset tone,"Misri is here... Won't you meet her?"

Haseena spots Misri on the sofa, "Sorry... I was thinking about something. Misri continue. Hum fresh hokar aate hai."

After a brief moment, Haseena returns, now dressed comfortably into a full sleeves tshirt and pants. She approaches Misri and warmly hugs her.

Misri teased her in a playful mood, "Itna kya souch rahi thi ki hum sab ko nai dekhe? Kahi Shivani bhabhi ke baare mein toh nai souch rahi thi?"

Voicing her regret, Noor Jahan expresses, "Kaash aisa hota Misri. Lekin ye sirf kaam ke baare mein souchti. Shivani ke baare mein itna souchti toh 10 saal pehle shaadi hojati aur aaj humare naata nawasi yahan khel rahe hote."

Embarrassed by the comment, Haseena responds, "Mumma...! Kuch toh souchiye."

In an attempt to lighten the atmosphere, Misri adds, "Waise Ammi ki baat sahi toh hai. Engagement ke 10 saal baad shaadi ki isne. Apni aur Shivani ki jawani waste kardi."

Haseena subtly signaled to Shivani to handle the situation, and Shivani intervened, redirecting the conversation, "Chaliye ab dinner karte hai. Already bahut late hogaya hai."

With a teasing tone, Noor Jahan lovingly placed her hand on Shivani's head, taunting Haseena, "Ye hai humari Bahu... Jisko sab ka khayal hai lekin iska khayal rakhne wala koi nai hai."

Alone, Haseena made her way towards the royal dining table, elegantly placed in the living area's corner. Three others soon joined her, following her lead. Shivani instructed the servants to bring the dishes.

Seated at the head of the table, Haseena declared in a firm tone, "I'm there for Shivani. Aap ko taane maarne ki zaroorat nai hai."

Misri looked at her with surprise, questioning, "Really? Ye kab se hone laga?"

Haseena forced a smile, said, "Today, a few seconds before you said. Zyada udd mat humare samne."

Shivani sat on the right hand side of Haseena, personally serving her. This sight was unfamiliar and new to Misri, who knew Haseena as a best friend, as someone who never allowed others, not even Karishma, to serve her plate. Misri was shocked seeing this. Observing them, Noor Jahan blessed the couple inwardly, radiating happiness.

"Haseena itna change?" Misri questioned at the start of her dinner.

Taking a morsel, Haseena responded, "It's good to change with time, otherwise, you will be stuck in the same place where you don't want to be."

Misri playfully joined her hands, "Gyani Baba Haseena ki Jai Ho!"

Haseena retorted, "Shut up!"

After dinner, Haseena and Misri wandered in the garden, indulging in dessert and conversation.

"Misri complimented, "Kheer bahut achi hai."

Haseena agreed, "Haan kuch alag taste hai aaj."

Observing Haseena's dependence on Shivani, Misri questioned, "So much dependence on Shivani? Tu wahi Haseena hai na jo Karishma ko apna koi kaam karne nai deti thi?"

Haseena glanced back at her house, walking alongside Misri, "No... I'm not that Haseena anymore."

Curious, Misri questioned further, "Aur ye kyu?"