CHAPTER 10

After breakfast, Haseena found herself in the medical room, a drip attached to her hand, surrounded by monitors and attended by a team of doctors. Shivani, also present, noticed Haseena's impatience.

"Why are you in a hurry? It's about your health... Can't you give yourself a few hours?" Shivani questioned sternly.

Haseena, looking at the falling drops of the drip, replied, "I'm a busy person. You are the one who stays at home and enjoys, not me."

Offended, Shivani retorted, "Haseena, main bhi office jati ho. Main bhi kaam karti ho. Aur aap ke theek hone mein mera koi fayda nai hai. I'm saying for your own good and healthy life."

In a rude tone, Haseena responded, "Toh please mat karo... I didn't say to think about me or my life. I can handle myself."

Noor Jahan enters the room, in a loud voice, interrupted, "Enough, Haseena! The moment I entered here, I've been ignoring this behavior towards her. Hum ignore kar rahe hai, iska ye matlab tum kuch bolti jao usse. I have had enough of this disrespectful behavior."

Shivani tried to calm the situation, "Ammi relax... Ye toh humari roz ki nok-jok hai."

Noor Jahan, sternly, said, "Galti tumari hai jo har waqt iski ji huzoori karti ho. Give her the taste of her own medicine, and then she will value your presence and care."

The doctor intervened, "Therapy ke waqt itna stress theek nai hai patient ke liye. Everyone please calm down, and Haseena ji especially you."

Haseena, squeezing the sponge ball in her hand, expressed frustration, "Hum iss zyada calm nai ho sakte. If you can manage, do your job, otherwise, get out of my house!"

Upset, Noor Jahan nodded in disbelief and left the room, while Shivani remained determined. As Karishma passed by the medical room, she was shocked to see Haseena struggling and connected to machines and drip

"Hasu, kya hua tumhe...? Ye sab kya hai?" Karishma asked with concern, entering the room.

Ignoring her, Haseena thought, "One more storm of my life," and continued squeezing the sponge ball.

Karishma turned to Shivani, "Shivani, kya hua Hasu ko?"

Shivani replied with the least interest, "Glucose drip hai. Nothing to be worried about."

Haseena, looking at Karishma, said, "I will be done in an hour. You get ready, I will drop you."

Karishma, standing near her, scolded, "Tumara dimag kharab hai? Tumari ye condition hai, aur tum hume drop karne ki baat kar rahi ho? I'm fed up of thinking about what happened to you. I'm getting the worst thoughts. Koi bolega tumhe kya hua hai?"

Shivani, taking charge, commanded the doctor, "Aap treatment continue kariye aur bahar walo ko involve karne ki zaroorat nai. If you need anything, you can tell me. I'm waiting outside." Saying this, she left.

Understanding that the doctors wouldn't provide information and Haseena had lied, Karishma realized there was a wider picture to this scene."Hasu, please batao kya hua hai tumhe?"

Haseena, after a moment of thought, casually responded, "I told before... I'm mentally unstable. Tum bags pack karo. Hum aa rahe hai. Tumhe ghar chhodne se pehle kuch dekhna hai."

Knowing Haseena wouldn't easily reveal her health problems, Karishma devised a plan, "Theek hai... I will get ready."

Returning to her room, Karishma sat on the bed, contemplating her strategy. After a while, she got ready and came out. Haseena, surprisingly in a casual black shirt and pants at the dining table, was having breakfast - an unusual choice for a working day, noticed by Shivani and Noor Jahan.