CHAPTER 30

As the sun began its descent, casting a golden glow over the Mallik villa, a flurry of activity ensued. Skilled workers bustled around, adorning every nook and cranny with intricate decorations. Colorful drapes billowed gently in the breeze, while strings of twinkling lights were meticulously hung along the pathways.

Inside the grand villa, the air was alive with excitement and anticipation. Fragrant flower arrangements adorned every surface, filling the rooms with their sweet scent. Tables were being set up, adorned with elegant linens and sparkling tableware, ready to host the lavish feast that awaited the guests. Outside, the gardens were being transformed into a magical wonderland, with fairy lights strung from tree to tree and colorful flower arrangements adorning every corner. The sound of music drifted through the air, setting the scene for a night of celebration and revelry.

As the final touches were put in place and the sun dipped below the horizon, the Mallik villa stood resplendent, ready to welcome guests from far and wide to the grandest reception the city had ever seen.

Pushpa and Santu arrived at the Mallik villa early, eager to lend a helping hand to Karishma on her special day. The lehenga dazzled with intricate gold embroidery, sequins, and delicate beadwork, accentuating its rich crimson hue. The fabric flowed gracefully, creating a regal silhouette fit for the queen.

As Karishma emerged from her dressing area, her beauty was striking. Her makeup was impeccable, enhancing her features with a subtle yet glamorous touch. Her eyes were framed by smoky eyeshadow and long, fluttering lashes, while her lips were painted a deep shade of red, matching the brilliance of her outfit.
Karishma's hair was styled in loose waves, cascading down her shoulders and complementing the elegance of her ensemble. The golden accessories perfectly complemented the dress, adding a touch of sparkle to Karishma's already radiant beauty as they were displayed along the table. Each piece adorned her hair elegantly, enhancing her overall look.

"Shiv ji humari baachi ko buri nazar bachaye...!" Pushpa admired her daughter, dressed in an elegant saree for the reception.

Santu entered the room and was immediately awestruck by Karishma's beauty. "Karu di!!! Kitni sundar lag rahi hai aap!! Haseena ji toh gayi aaj!" she exclaimed excitedly.

Blushing at Santu's compliment, Karishma allowed the designer and makeup artist to resume their final touches. "Thank you... Hasu aagayi? Hume help kar dete hai," she said, stepping towards the door.

However, Santu intercepted her before she could leave. "Haan aap ki hasu aagayi hai. Abhi aap ke room mein gayi ready hone ke liye. Aur aap unse nai mil sakti. Ab aap Hasu se direct party mein milengi," she teased playfully.

Confused, Karishma turned to her mother for clarification. "Kyu? Hum kyu nahi mil sakte? Amma?"

Pushpa raised her hands in resignation. "Hum ko kuch mat kaho... Hume kuch nahi pata. Ye sab Santu aur Haseena ki dost Misri kiya hai."

Frowning, Karishma persisted, "Par hum kyu nahi mil sakte unse? Unhe humari help chahiye toh?"

Santu gently guided Karishma in front of the mirror, explaining, "Agar aap ke unhe ko madad chahiye toh ghar mein kisi se le lengi wo. Aap aur ache ready ho jaiye aap ke unhe ke liye."

Noor Jahan entered the room, marveling at her daughter-in-law's appearance. "Masha'Allah...! Behad khoobsurat lag rahi ho beta," she exclaimed.

Karishma, slightly frowning, responded to her mother-in-law's compliment. "Thanks ammi..."

Concerned by Karishma's demeanor, Noor Jahan inquired further. "Kya hua beta? Udaas kyu ho?"

Pushpa interjected, trying to ease the tension. "Kuch nahi hua hai. Bas Haseena se Milne nahi de rahe baache toh muh banakar baith gayi hai," she explained.