CHAPTER 35

Karishma lost in thought and confusion about the importance of the wedding ring made her way to the living area. She looked at her finger feeling the emptiness where the ring used to be. On one hand, Haseena didn't care much for rituals and culture, valuing their love above all. On the other, her mother, Pushpa, believed deeply in customs, her intentions centered on the safe and happy life of her daughter and her partner. Karishma wished for the same—a happy and healthy life but didn't understand the connection between them.

As she entered the living area, she saw a few police officers in intense conversation with Haseena and Dev. The worry about Cheetah pushed her thoughts about the ring aside, and she rushed over to them.

"Cheete ka kuch pata chala? Kahan hai wo? Wo theek hai na?" Karishma asked the officers anxiously.

Haseena placed her arm around Karishma's waist, trying to comfort her. "They are doing their investigation. Abhi kuch pata nai chala cheetah ke baare main."

The officer explained, "Hum ne Cheetah Singh ka phone trace kiya hai aur unki last location Mallik Villa hai. Last call yehi se ki gayi thi aur uske baad unka phone switched off hai."

Dadi unable to contain her frustration, interjected, "Wo toh hoga hi... Wo yehi toh tha. Hasu, iss police wale ko itna nai pata? Kisne tujhe police wala banaya?"

Haseena looked at Dadi, "Dadi maa relax... Wo apna kaam kar rahe hai. They are saying what they know." She turned back to the officer. "Well inspector, kal pure Lucknow ko pata tha, it was my and Karishma's reception. And Cheetah is Mrs. Mallik's brother. Isn't it obvious he's gonna be here?"

The officer asked while looking around the house, "Tumara ghar kisi palace se kam nai... I hope yahan CCTV bhi honge. Haseena Mallik kanjoos toh nai dekhti..."

Karishma interrupted firmly, "Hum aap ko humari taraf se jitni help ho sakti hai karenge. But you don't forget where you are standing and with whom you are talking. Karishma Singh Mallik ke samne thher kar aap humari Haseena ko kuch bhi bolenge toh hum nai sahenge. Aap jo bhi kar rahe hai tameez k dayre mein reh karenge toh acha hoga!'

The officer replied cunningly, "Mrs. Mallik... Yahan aisa koi nai hai jo tumari business icon Haseena Mallik ke baare mein nai janta. Ye kahan, kab aur kaise apni power use karti hai sab ko pata hai."

Haseena smirked and responded, "Inspector, agar sab ko itna hi pata hai Haseena Mallik ke power ke baare mein, phir aap ko pata hona chahiye... It's my actions that speak, not my words. Maybe you should be more concerned about what you don’t know... Like Cheetah Singh. Jo 24 ghante se missing hai aur police team ko bas yehi pata hai wo yahan tha. This is also known by everyone present here. It's better you focus on your job rather than being concerned about my fame."

The SI, aware of the potential consequences if Haseena decided to take action, said softly, "Abhi toh bas aap CCTV footage dekha dijiye."

Haseena nodded, signaling for Shah to provide access to the footage, her expression determined. The officers headed toward the security room to review the footage.

"Karu, are you okay?" Haseena asked, caressing her cheek gently.

Karishma nodded, though her worry was evident. "Hum theek hai... Lekin hume bachon ke liye daar lag raha hai. Hume samajh nai aa raha unhe kaise sambhale."

Noor Jahan offered an encouraging smile. "Beta hum sab hai na. Saath mein sab kuch sambhal lenge. As a family, we are together in this problem. Tum fikar mat karo beta... Hasu hai na, wo police ki investigation dekh legi. Tum bas apna, Santu aur bachcho ka khyal rakho."

After some time, the SHO and his officers returned to the living area. Pushpa and Santu joined the rest of the family. Santu was really concerned about her kids and their future. Though physically she was present with everyone, mentally she isn't able to participate in the investigation.