CHAPTER 29

As the evening settled after the small dinner party, Haseena found herself in the quiet solitude of her garden, puffing on a cigar while engaging in a conversation with Misri. The soft glow from the garden lights cast gentle shadows around them. Their words blend with the rustle of leaves and the distant chirping of crickets, creating a serene atmosphere.

Meanwhile, on the balcony of Karishma's room, Karishma and Santu stand side by side, the soft glow of the moon casting shadows across their faces. Karishma's eyes are fixed on Haseena, her heart swelling with love and admiration for her partner. Santu, sensing Karishma's adoration, decided to playfully probe further.

"You know Karu didi, Hasu bahut zyada interesting hai." Santu remarked casually, leaning against the balcony railing.

Karishma turned towards Santu, raising her eyebrows in surprise and her eyes sparkling. "Oh really? Hasu? Ye kab hua aur kya interesting hai, hume bhi batao."

Santu pretended to ponder, her gaze feigning interest that's Haseena. "Unka aura dekhiye Karu di... Jaise unn mein aur bhi bahut kuch hai, jaise koi raaz ho, jitni unke aankhen kehti hai."

Karishma chuckled softly, enjoying Santu's statement. "Oh...! Toh ab tumhe Hasu ke baare mein curiosity ho rahi hai?

Santu nodded, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Maybe... who knows? Kya pata unke pas koi hidden talents ya koi secrets ho.

Karishma raised an eyebrow, feeling a bit jealous. "Hidden talents, huh? Hasu ko hum se zyada koi nai janta.

Santu laughed, shaking her head. "Aap toh hasu ki life mein irreplaceable ho. Of course bahut ache se janti hai. Par unke baare mein aur jaane mein kya burai hai?"

Karishma smirked and playfully nudged Santu. "Hmm...! Dekh raha hai tum kya karna chahti ho. Hum se humari Haseena ko cheen na chahti ho na?

Santu grinned back. "Bilkul nai. Hasu toh aap ki hai. Main toh bas unhe jaana chahti ho. After all ab toh wo humari family member hai."

Karishma's expression softened, her gaze returning to Haseena in the garden below. "Haan ab wo humari family ka hissa hai. Aur hum bahut khush hai ki Amma aur tum humara pyaar samhj gayi ho."

Haseena and Misri re-entered the living area, the soft glow of the lamps casting gentle light across the room. They found Mehboob seated at the table with Noor Jahan, who was engaged in a discussion with Pushpa. As Haseena approached, she noticed Mehboob reaching for his chequebook.

"Noor... Hum humara wada pura dete hai." Mehboob said, his pen poised above a blank cheque.

Haseena's steps faltered as she reached into her blazer pocket, retrieving her own chequebook. "Nanu, hold on a moment."

Noor Jahan turned towards Haseena, her expression softening with concern. "Hasu kya hua?"

Haseena held up her chequebook, her resolve clear in her eyes. "I'll take care of this."

Mehboob furrowed his brow, concern etching lines into his face, seeing Haseena's personal account details. "Hasu beta, this isn't necessary. Wada hum ne kiya hai toh hum hi isse nibhaenge. Don't spend your personal earnings. Apne future ke liye save rakho."

Haseena shook her head, her voice firm. "Nanu, it was my decision to get married suddenly. Wada aap ne kiya lekin iss ghar ke ek loute hone ke naate hume aisa bewakoofi wala kaam nahi karna chahiye tha. Aur iss sab ki wajah se aap ke saath-saath Singh's ko bhi pareshani hui hai. Then I should bear the responsibility, not you or mumma."

Noor Jahan reached out, her hand resting gently on Haseena's arm. "Haseena tum humari beti ho. Ye Paisa tum se zyada important nahi hai. After all everything belongs to you and Karishma after us."