CHAPTER 31

As the spotlight followed Karishma down the stairs, the room seemed to hold its breath. Each step she took radiated elegance, her red lehenga shimmering with every movement. The intricate gold embroidery caught the light, making her appear almost ethereal. The crowd watched in awe, the murmurs of admiration growing louder. Haseena stood rooted to the spot, her eyes never leaving Karishma. Her heart raced, the world around her fading into insignificance. All she could see, all she could think about, was her wife making her way towards her.

When Karishma reached the bottom of the stairs, she didn't hesitate. She walked straight to Haseena, her eyes filled with emotion. Without a word, she wrapped her arms around Haseena and hugged her tight, burying her face in Haseena's neck.

Haseena held her back just as tightly, feeling the warmth and love in Karishma's embrace. She gently kissed Karishma's shoulder, her lips lingering for a moment. "You look drop-dead gorgeous," she whispered, her voice filled with awe and love.

Karishma pulled back slightly to look into Haseena's eyes, her own eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Thank you... Santu galat nahi keh rahi. You are looking too hot and stunning. she whispered back, her voice thick with emotion.

Haseena taking Karishma on her side still resting her arm around Karishma's waist, took the mic again. "Ladies and gentlemen," she said, her voice steady but filled with emotion, "allow me to present Mrs. Karishma Mallik, the love of my life."

The room erupted in applause, the sound echoing off the walls. Karishma blushed, her cheeks tinged with a delicate pink, but she didn't let go of Haseena. They stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, the noise and the crowd fading into the background as they shared this moment. Around them, the guests watched in respectful silence, moved by the genuine love and affection on display. Noor Jahan and Mehboob exchanged a look of pride and contentment, while Santu and the rest of the Singh family smiled warmly at the couple.

Stealing Haseena from the crowd and family members, Karishma takes Haseena in a lone corner of the villa.

Karishma smiled, tears glistening in her eyes, and softly replied, "I missed you so much, Hasu. Hume toh ye sab ek sapna lag raha hai."

Haseena cupped Karishma's face, her thumb gently wiping away a tear that had escaped. "It's not a dream, sweetheart. It's our reality now. You are finally where you belong... With me."

Karishma gently held Haseena's hand, lifting it to her lips, and placed a soft kiss on the back of her palm. "Tumhe pata hai na how much I love you?" she asked, her voice filled with tenderness.

Haseena smiled, a playful glint in her eyes as she shook her head negatively. "Nai... Hume nai pata," she replied, teasingly.

Karishma chuckled softly, her eyes twinkling with affection. "I love you more than words can express, more than you can ever imagine," she said, her voice barely above a whisper, but carrying the weight of her feelings.

Haseena said with a smirk, her tone light and teasing. "Prove it then."

Karishma's expression turned serious, her gaze unwavering. "Aap ko family se upar rakh kar hum ne already prove kardiya hai." she replied softly, leaning in to press a gentle kiss on Haseena's lips.

As they pulled away, Haseena whispered, her voice thick with feeling,"I love you too..."

Karishma smiled, her heart full. "Then let's make this night unforgettable," she said, holding Haseena's hand tightly.

As Haseena leaned in to respond to Karishma, a soft, affectionate smile on her lips, a distant voice interrupted her thoughts. It was a voice she hadn't heard in a long time, frail yet commanding. Haseena's eyes widened in surprise, and she instinctively and hastily pulled her hand from Karishma's gentle grip. Without another word, Haseena rushed towards the living area, her heart pounding with anticipation.