CHAPTER 16

FLASHBACK

Soon after Karishma's accident, the connection between Haseena and Karishma blossomed through leaps and bounds. Haseena, harboring a desire to propose, grappled with fear of rejection due to Karishma's past relationship. Despite that Karishma was enjoying in their shared moments, a shadow of skepticism lingered concerning Haseena's mysterious friend, Shivani, whom Haseena couldn't bring herself to disclose.

Summoning courage, Haseena decided to unveil her feelings one fine day, which Karishma was completely unknown about. As the clock struck 7, Karishma's bike stops, clad in a simple one-piece dress as instructed by Haseena, arrived at a park. The moon's glow made the trees and paths visible in the darkness, easing her navigation.

Anxious, she called out, "Hasu... Where are you? I don't like these pranks or the darkness. Come out wherever you are."

As she took the next steps into the garden, the garden transformed. Fairy lights adorned the trees, glow lights traced the tiled footpath, and rose petals decorated the ground. Bushes were adorned with pink and red lights, creating a whimsical setting. The pinnacle of the surprise revealed itself with "I LOVE YOU" intricately crafted on tall pine trees, each tree bearing a letter. Beneath these enchanting pine trees, a table for two awaited. Stunned and flabbergasted, Karishma couldn't believe her eyes. It was as if she had stepped into a fairy tale of a Disney movie, and the magic of the moment left her momentarily breathless.

"Hii babygirl...!" Haseena exclaimed loudly, her nerves betraying her at the moment.

Turning around, Karishma was taken aback to find Haseena standing there, dressed in a simple black shirt tucked into brown pants. "What is this?" she asked, coming out of her initial shock.

Haseena moved to kneel down, gently holding Karishma's hand as she began, "I love you, Karishma Singh... I really do...! Jab pehli baar tumse ye kaha tha, toh mujhe nahi pata tha mohabbat kya hoti hai. Lekin jab se maine tumhare saath waqt guzara hai, tumse baatein ki hai, toh pyaar, mohabbat, ishq, sab ka asal matlab mujhe malum ho gaya hai. I know bahut jaldi hogaya hai ye sab, par shayad yehi hona tha. Humare saath pehli baar hua hai, pehli baar ye mehsoos kiya hai, pehli baar dil chahta hai ki subah tumse ho aur raat tum par khatam ho. Tumhara last relationship humare samne khatam hua hai aur isliye please, tum iska jawab mat dena... I'm not forcing you for this. I'm just confessing my feelings because ab main ye baat aur apne tak nahi rakh sakti. Digest nahi ho payega, isliye ye ulta karna pad raha hai... Samjh rahi ho tum?"

Karishma's eyes welled up as she listened to this heartfelt confession. She marveled at how selfless Haseena was, expressing her love without expecting the same in return. Nothing could be purer and truer than this moment of vulnerability.

"But I want to reply to your confession," Karishma asserted, prompting Haseena to stand.

Haseena maintained her firm grip, attempting to console Karishma, "No Karu! I know what you have been through. Aur hum kahi na kahi galat bhi ye bhi jante hai."

Karishma shook her head negatively, holding onto Haseena's hand, "Tum galat nai ho. Tum ne bas apni dil ki baat kehi hai. Aur dil ki baat kehna kab se galat hogaya? And what do you know about my reply?"

Haseena, although pained, admitted, "Tum humare jo bhi time spend karti ho, wo enjoy karti ho par isse aage lekar jana nai chahti. I have been rushing things because I'm this way. I'm impulsive."

Karishma chuckled at her innocent admission and playfully pulled her cheek, "You are partly right and partly wrong my dear."

Haseena, confused, inquired, "Matlab? Hum samhje nai... Kya wrong hai. Kya right hai."