𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐆𝐀𝐏

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SANO SHINICHIRO

MY eyes fluttered open due to the first ray of sun reflecting through my window- irritated with how I forgot to close my windows last night hence, I was blessed and woke up at such an early hour.

What I didn't expected was a hand slapping the back of my head and I shot up from my bed.

"What the - what..? "

I trailed off, I was about to cuss but stopped when I saw something..

Someone on my chest.

Her doe eyes looked at me, all teary eyed and before I knew it, she started to bawl down, getting off of my bed and she ran out of my room, screaming words I wasn't able to understand.

I heard a voice down , together with the crying noise.

"What's wrong? "

"Daddy got angry because I woke him up!! "

"Oh, Ki.. You know Daddy's tired with work."

I sat on my bed frozen, what the hell was going on? With hesitant legs, I decided to get off the bed and now that I took a good look of it. This was definitely a king sized one, pulling the huge doors open, I was immediately greeted with another kid, looking up at me and this kid actually..

Felt like I was looking at the mirror.

"Dad, how could you make Ki cry? "

Dad? Ki? What the hell was going on?!

Instead of having my answers, I heard footsteps coming up and there I saw the little girl earlier being cradled by a woman.

Her hair now cut short, she looked at me with worried eyes while the little girl his her face against her chest and even I felt how scared she was to even look at me and I felt this strong guilt in my chest when I saw how small tears rolled down her rosy and chubby cheeks.

"Shin, what's wrong? " The woman asked and before I knew it, tears started to stream down my cheeks too, completely taking her and the kid off guard.

"Aki, take care of Kia for me for a second, will you baby? "

"Yes, mom. " Aki then nodded and she put the little girl down before he guided her downstairs.

"Shin, your daug-"

"Y/N.."

Her eyes blinked, looking completely lost and I can understand it completely. Even I don't know what was going on.

Sighing, she walked closer to me, placing a hand against my cheek as she wiped my tears with my thumb.

"Hmm? What's wrong? You scared Kia, you know.. "

I didn't know what to say, right now I only did what I wanted to do after what felt like years of not being able to hold her.

Wrapping my arms around her, I pulled her closer to me and placed my head on her shoulder- I couldn't stop crying, she always brings out the teary man in me, she was always the one who was able to manage to let me out weak emotions like these.

All my vulnerabilities- she knew all of it because she was mostly the cause of it.

"Sweetheart? " She mumbled softly , running her fingers through my hair in which I damn missed whenever we'd cuddle in silence and she often does the same thing.

"Did you had a nightmare or something? Why are you crying? "

I pulled back, placing a hand against her forehead and I smiled before looking into her eyes.

"I just had a bad dream. "

I didn't know what was going on, but then I received a message from my phone, upon hearing the ringtone, I picked the phone up and my eyes widened seeing the message.

"You're welcome. "

-Hanagaki.

I smiled once again..

"You have to make up for your spoiled little princess. " She chuckled and stood on her toes to kiss my cheek, I returned the smile and looked into her eyes.

"I promise I will. "

And this time.. I'll protect you, and our kids.

🎉 You've finished reading The Ten Year Gap \\ 𝙎𝙖𝙣𝙤 𝙎𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙤 𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 🎉