Part Thirteen: The Competition/ Confrontation

Vasilisa's Pov:
It took a while for Coach Anjelika to beg the people who are in charge of the Olympics to let Russia compete, as we are in the middle of the Russia-Ukraine war.
She ended up convincing them good enough, so today was the day me and Maxim were competing together.
Valeriy and Arina were also competing today for the Russian team, and when I saw him today at the rink, waiting with Arina by his side, we both glared at eachother.
Just then, I heard him mouth "сука" at me calling me a bitch.
I huffed, mouthing back.
Vasilisa: I put a reverse on that!! You're the сука!!

Valeriy's Pov:
I huffed as I glared at her, flipping her off.
She gasps, staring at me, shocked, and does it back.
I gasp.
The announcer: TEAM RUSSIA IS HERE, ВАЛЕРИЙ АНГЕЛОПОЛЬ И АРИНА УШАКОВА, И ВАСИЛИСА КАГНОВСКАЯ И МАКСИМ НЕКРАСОВ!!
Everyone cheered.
It was Vasilisa and Maxim's turn first, and the music for their routine began playing on the speakers, and everyone in the stands began cheering and waving signs.
I looked over at the corner in the back, and saw some stupid hooligan was still holding a "Валерий и Василиса" sign with a heart on it.
I groaned, slapping myself in the face dramatically.

Vasilisa's Pov:
As we skated, I tried to avoid looking over at Valeriy.
I took a deep breath as we did our moves, the most complicated ones coming our way.
The points board was going up, and the judges were happy.
We worked really hard on this dance routine.
At one of the moves we were doing, the points began to drop a little, making the audience gasp.
The screen showed fear in both of our faces as we skated, and we both tried to hide it.
We tried to fix the move, which brought the points back up a bit.
People began to clap again, cheering, and I sighed of relief.
So did Maxim.
After a while, we had finished our turn, and we skated off the rink, bowing.
The points on the board stopped moving, and the music changed to Valeriy and Arina's routine.
Me and Maxim went to the inside of the hall, where we waited.
I sighed, panting.
Vasilisa: Phew... That was hard.
He nods, sighing.
Maxim: Tell me about it... Ugh...
He placed his hand on my thigh, sighing.
I stared at him, blushing.
He stares back, also blushing.
We get quiet.
After a while, out of nowhere, I leaned my head against his shoulder.
He smiles, blushing.
Just then, Valeriy and his current partner, Arina, come over, and I notice Val stares at me.
And he glares at Maxim.
Instantly, Maxim takes his hand off of my thigh, and I notice Val motions for Maxim to follow after him.
He nods, and leaves, looking down sadly.
I stare after them, worried of what Val was going to do to him.
Just then, Arina sat next to me for the first time.
I frowned.
Vasilisa: What do you want.

Arina's Pov:
I sighed.
Arina: Valeriy misses you...
She stares at me, shocked.
Vasilisa: W-what...
I nod, sighing.
Arina: Yes... He told me so.
Vasilisa: Then why won't he contact me... Why did he have to do this... I... I don't understand...
I sighed.
Arina: It's because of that nasty Polina girl. Ugh... He tells me Polina is very controlling. She doesn't want to see him texting ANY other girl besides her, or ME. And if it is me... She limits him to only saying important stuff about our dance routine and stuff.
She stares at me, eyes wide open.
Vasilisa: Woah...
I nod, sighing.
Arina: Yeah. I think he's about to confront Maxim about something...
Vasilisa: No shit...

Meanwhile.
Valeriy's Pov:
I take Maxim to a private corner, where I sigh.
Valeriy: Don't mess around with Vas, okay? I saw that...
He stares at me, confused, blinking.
Maxim: But you have your own stupid little girlfriend...
I sighed.
Valeriy: That's not the point. She's very controlling... I secretly hate Polina. Please don't tell her I said that... She'll be mad...
Maxim scoffs.
Maxim: Why would I not tell her?? You made Vas cry. She doesn't deserve you. You hurt her feelings...
I stared at him, shocked.
Valeriy: Dude, now you're protecting her?!?! Aren't you like— FIVE YEARS OLDER THAN HER?!?!
Maxim scoffs again.
Maxim: SO?!?! At least I'M not the one who BETRAYED HER LIKE THAT AND MADE HER SIGN A FUCKING CONTRACT, FUCKING DUMBASS СУКА!!
I gasped.
Valeriy: HEY!! NO BODY CALLS ME A СУКА!!
Maxim: YOU ARE ONE!!
Just then, the girls walk up to us.
Arina sighs.
Arina: Okay, what the HELL is going on in here?!?!
Vasilisa: Yeah, I'd like to know, TOO.
I sigh.
Valeriy: Nothing. We're just having a little CHAT...
Maxim: CHAT?!?! You're literally WARNING ME NOT TO GO NEAR HER!! YOU'RE the one who hurt her and made her cry and say she needs to sign a contract to make you stay her partner!! And then you go accusing me of being a PEDOPHILE?!?! Hey, you're ALSO ONE YEAR OLDER THAN HER!!
Vasilisa: Two now, actually...
She says, sighing.
I nod, sighing.
Maxim sighs.
Maxim: That doesn't matter. You didn't have to treat her like this.
Arina: Since when did you care about Vasilisa?
Maxim: HEY!! YOU USED TO BE MY PARTNER, TOO!! NOW YOU'RE HIS!! WE'RE ON NEITHERS SIDE NOW!! GOT THAT?!?!

Arina's Pov:
I nod, sighing.
Arina: But I was just saying...
He puts his hand up, sighing.
Maxim: NO. You aren't going to say anything. Valeriy Angelopol is a bitch until he treats Vasilisa right again.
Valeriy: ...
Vasilisa sighs.
Vasilisa: He's right, if anything... But all four of us are involved in this situation right now, so you can't really block Arina from saying anything...
At least Vasilisa has some sense in her brain.
Unlike Valeriy.
I sighed.
Arina: Exactly. Oh, and by the way, Val, I'm sort of in her side now. She has some sense in her brain, unlike you.
Valeriy stares at me, shocked.
Vasilisa also scoffs.
Vasilisa: Yeah. And I hope you know that ever since you gave me that contract, you've been losing a LOT of followers on Instagram, and I've been GAINING them. So if you miss me, PROVE IT.

Valeriy's Pov:
I stare at her, shocked and blushing.
Would she be mad if I tried to kiss her??
I had to do something...
I need her back...
Vasilisa sighs.
Vasilisa: By the way, even your PARTNER hates your girlfriend.
I gasped, shocked.
I stared at Arina.
She nods, shrugging.
Arina: Yup. It's all true. I hate her. She's an annoying little bitch... Controlling, at that... I can't believe you even date her...
I sighed, looking down sadly.
Well, she was right...
Polina IS the most controlling girl I've ever met.
Even Sasha was better than that.
Valeriy: Fine... I admit it. Yes, she IS controlling... Even SASHA was better than that...
Vasilisa: EXACTLY. You didn't get much hate until you brought POLINA along. Either way, fans still hated you for dating ANYONE but ME. So why'd you do this, huh? Why'd you have to hurt me like that??
I sighed.
Valeriy: I just wanted a distraction from you... My feelings for you were too strong, and you didn't reciprocate...
Vas sighs.
Vasilisa: Ugh, Val... I wouldn't have ended up pregnant with your baby if I hadn't secretly reciprocated it... It's just... I don't know... Something happened and I sort of temporarily lost feelings for you a tiny bit...
I frowned.
Valeriy: So what made you fall for me again?? Was it something I did??
Vas sighs.
Vasilisa: I don't know... It just happened.
Valeriy: So you didn't just use me for sex at that time??
She sighs, shaking her head no.
Vasilisa: No. I told you. I don't know. It just happened... Maybe something about you just... I don't know... Pulled my heartstrings a bit...
Valeriy: ...
She sighs.
Vasilisa: I miss you too. I want you back. I really do. But I can't trust you... You wont do it again, will you??
I sighed.
Valeriy: I... I won't... I... I love you...
Vasilisa: ...

Vasilisa's Pov:
My head was spinning.
I didn't know if he was being honest or not.
But I knew, right away, from the way how he had kissed me...
I don't know if this was a trick or not, but I fell for it, and kissed back instantly.
I let out a moan.
Vasilisa: Ugh...
Other members from other teams began to file in, watching us.
Some had their phones recording us, gasping.
After a while, the final song for the last team stopped playing, and they began to announce the winners.
For the Russia team, it was me and Maxim at first place.
We were called up to the rink, where I had to pull out from Val's kiss and say goodbye.
Me and Maxim went together, and stood on the podium, where we were given our gold medals.
Everyone in the audience cheered.
We both bowed, waving.
I noticed Val had went out to support me, a smile on his face.
I smiled back, blushing.

An hour later.
Vasilisa's Pov:
Right after the competition, there were already rumors sparking online about me and Val kissing, and the videos that members from the other teams had leaked.
There was also already a cute video of Val supporting me.
We were back together now, and hopefully it was gonna stay that way forever.
Both me and Val went up to eachother in the parking lot, where we both unblocked eachother and followed eachother again on our socials.
We also unblocked eachothers contacts, putting hearts on eachothers things again.
We both hugged eachother again.

Valeriy's Pov:
I smiled, blushing as I hugged her, embraxing her in my arms.
Valeriy: I'm so sorry... I won't do it again...
Vasilisa: You promise??
I nod, sighing.
Valeriy: I promise...