Chapter No. 18 First Letter (2)

Alice's POV:

I wish the letter in my hand was not the damn truth or some illusion. At least something... I don't know anymore what to do or whom to trust. This day couldn't have started more perfectly if even I tried but it ended in the worst possible way.

I felt like crying or screaming would be a better sense of the word. But all I feel numb. The letter for what seems like the 100th time I read,

Ms. Alice,

You must be wondering why after all this time have I bothered to contact you. It was your mother's dying wish to ensure that her daughter knew the horrid truth. She wanted to tell you this herself but fate had other plans and she knew her time was marked by the reaper.

Before you start reading the pages of your Mother's diary, please know this. I will send you 4 letters. Each with pages of Julie Stone's life. For the last letter, I will request you to meet me. That is my last wish as a dying person. Of course, if you don't wish to meet me I will respect your wishes as I did for Julie. Some of the pages of the journal will contain pictures that Julie cherished and put in her journal as a way to cherish or never forget.

May you be able to find peace after reading these letters?

"Dear Diary,

Ugh, that is the worst way to start a new chapter. But what can I do? I have so much to share, yet don't have enough people to share it with. Why does it feel that even though I am surrounded by people who love me I am alone? Maybe I am born to a loner. However, grandfather as I like to call him begs to differ. He thinks I am an adult trapped in a child's body and not many can understand me like he does. Sometimes I think he's right. Hence, I write a diary to share my utmost inner thoughts for which the people around me may view me as a psycho. Again that doesn't matter to me one bit. Anyway, the main topic on which I wanna write today was Rosy's birthday. It was spectacular. I and Leander arrange a small birthday bash for her without telling Grandpa. He's never been a fan of her. Like he outright doesn't like her. I made sure Everet made a plausible excuse to keep him away from my house all day and almost the entire evening.

I can't believe my little Rosy has turned 15. She blooming into a magnificent woman. I have started to notice that Leander has started to take notice of Rosy as well. Call it a mother's instinct, of course, she isn't my daughter or anything even close. She's 3 years younger than me. I know I have written this before but sometimes I think I might read this journal to my children one day so I like to write it like a story. Rosy grew up as an orphan and I met her by chance when she helped me escape her uncle who kidnapped me for revenge. That was the time I stopped being a naive kid. Rosy only did what she thought was right not knowing she'd be almost beaten to death if the police didn't intervene in time. Since then I added her name as an adopted child of the Stone family. That was the time Grandpa started to hate the child. He always thought she'd be the reason that this family would be destroyed. I sometimes don't understand why he hates her so much. I know her parents were never on the right side of the law but that doesn't necessarily mean that she'll turn out the same way. It just means that we have to be careful with her upbringing. Not that was needed. She's so sweet and at the same time timid that she's not even an ounce like her birth parents. 

Anyway, today was an amazing day but surprising as well. I asked Rosy what wish she made and she looked timid but it was a tradition that I'd made with her that we'd tell each other our wishes. She told me the most surprising thing, she wished that she hopes that one day Leander could love her more than a sister.

That was the last thing I had expected. I knew that Leander's gaze followed Rosy but I never imagined that Rosy was the same... Damn... I don't know what to do. This is one of those times I wish my parents were alive.