Chapter 1: caring connection

30 December 2000, Daegu , South Korea.

Doctor! Doctor! There's an emergency ..screams the nurse . A heavily pregnant woman fell down the stairs .
Mrs.kim Yuna the daughter of  businessman Lee.Dugnhon. She is the middle child with one older sister and younger brother. The Lee family is known for their rigorous disciplinary traditions.
The Lee family believes in traditional gender roles that dictate, that men should work outside the home, while women are expected to be homemakers. They believe that woman upholds the family's prestige and honor.
Mr .Lee the perfect man who adhered to a strict code of honesty in all his dealings. As the daughter in law of lee's mrs . Lee is bound to discipline her kids to be the suitable bearers of their family patronymic. So when Yuna tried to dissenter by following her passion the Lee's wasted no time to
settle her in matrimony.

At present
Mrs.kim : please save my child.... please doctor.... please.. please..(faints).
The Lee's contact their son in law.

Kim textiles:-

Mr.kim: hello! .....what..yes I am coming.

Mr.kim Rowoon the owner of Kim.textiles a righteous, humble ,honest man with a reserved personality. Being born as the oldest son in an indigent family with a single mother and paralysed father he was duty- bound at an early age. The age where youngsters are said to party, to explore,to enjoy ..he was compelled to work .

The present day:-
Mr. Kim came running down to the  receptionist

Mr kim  : excuse me.. can you tell me the room no of Kim Yuna.

Receptionist : you are?

Mr kim: her husband.

Receptionist : sir room no 501.

Mr.kim wasted no time to rush there. Mrs.lee and other women of the Lee family were sobbing and mr. Lee was comforting his children. Seeing him Mr.Lee came forward.

Mr.lee : Yuna slipped down the stairs while climbing.

Mr.lee : Don't worry..the doctors are checking on her.

Mr.kim didn't respond...his eyes were glued to the small glass window of the hospital door trying to take a glimpse . He neither cried nor screamed just stood Coldly with clenched jaws and fist. Mr.lee understood his sentiments and thought to leave him room.

After some time

Doc : Kim Yuna fell down on her stomach which caused placental abruption... We have to perform an emergency c section to save her and her baby.

Hearing it numbness sat on everyone's mind.

Doc : The husband of Kim Yuna..

Doctor called out .

Mr .Kim who became
immovable..was unable to hear anything. A constant  buzzing sound was only perceived through his ears . Mr .Lee seeing that shook him on his shoulder for some times . That seem to bring him into consciousness. Mr.lee squished his shoulder and told him to talk to the doctor. .
Mr. Kim : yes doctor...( His voice cracked).
Doctor: sir you have to sign a concent form to perform the operation.
Saying that the doctor forwarded the form .
Mr.kim took the form and signed it up. It was the only time his hands  seemed to tremble. After that Mr. Lee took him to a seat .

4 hours later :

Doc : congratulations! Mr .Kim you have a son..and your wife is also out of danger . You can meet her after 2 hrs .But due to premature delivery and placental disruption the infant suffers from locomotive disability due to which he is paralysed below the knee in 1 leg.

( I am not well versed in medical terminologies ,so sorry).

Hearing that the Lee's gasped . Mr.lee looked at his son in law with commiseration. He asked the doctor about the future recovery and possible treatments to normalise the impairment . Throughout the enquiry mr.kim didn't speak a word .
After some time he asked.

Mr.kim : is my child and wife ok?

Doc: yes sir other than that your child and wife is absolutely fine.

Mr kim: when can I take them home.

Doc: sir we would like to keep them for 2 days under observation then they are fine to leave. You can meet your child in the NICU.

Mr. Kim : thank you doctor.

Mr. Kim saw the baby through the glass panel the tiny pink baby was resting wrapped in a blanket with a nossle tube attached to his face.
At a glance his expression was blank but from close observation the curved up corner of lips and little tears can be seen. He stared unwaveringly at his child..... his little one ..then left tacitly.

Outside the room Mr .Lee was in his thoughts. Seeing Mr .kim he told him that Mrs. Kim was concious and crying. Hearing that Mr .Kim rushed to the room with steady steps.

Mrs. Kim : where is my baby?..(crying)..... Please bring him.....please ..please...

Mr kim: Yuna...

Seeing Mr.kim...Mrs .Kim sobbed ..

Mr. Kim: my baby... Please bring him.( Crying)

Mr. Lee : Yuna .......your baby is fine he is resting...stable yourself..you have long way to fight.

Saying that Mr. Lee asked others to leave the room.. and gave privacy to the Kim's.

Mrs kim : what happed ... Why dad told to fight ...which fight? ...my baby is fine . right? ...please tell me...

Mr.kim : Yuna .... .. our child is fine ..... Listen to me ... Our child is fine he is just hurt in his leg ....bt he is fine .... .........................

Mr .Kim: our child is suffering from locomotive disability....so his 1 leg is paralysed...

Mrs.kim gasped ...

Mrs .Kim : he is fine right ???.... I am sorry..... Because of my carelessness......I am sorry ( crying).

Mr.kim: he is perfectly ok..

After some time the nurse bought the baby to the Kim's . Seeing him mrs . Kim latched her baby and cried .she kissed him multiple times..and cried..
Mr.kim was supporting her by patting her shoulder and was silently watching with clenched jaws..
The nurse asked them to breast feed her child.

Mrs.kim: should I go out?

Mrs.kim: ..........stay....

After that the nurse came for the documentation of the child.

Mr. Kim: you name him.

Mrs.kim: (silently looked at her child and smiled)..." Kim taehyung".

Mr.kim also watched fondly with a blank face.

After feeding Mrs.kim was resting closing her eyes....when her husband asked.

Mr kim: you are fine right Yuna?

Mrs. Kim opened her eyes and looked at her husband who was staring mindlessly at the ground with untold emotions..
Hearing silence the looked at mrs.kim..
His eyes were glistening...it was the first time mrs.kim saw him in that state.
She hugged him..and told..

Mrs kim: I am fine...........we are fine.................don't worry.

Mr.kim only hummed.... That day the Kim's expressed themselves differently.
No filter, no responsibility, no social mannerisms,....nothing ..they hugged outside their bedroom... That day....they felt their love.....
.
.
.
.
.to be continued

How was the chapter..??💜