Ghost (Chapter 2)

(Song recommendation: Transgender • Crystal Castles)

After visiting the grocery shop, which he almost completely emptied down, he rode back to his house with the back of the car filled with food.

Finally reaching his destination he pulled over his car and turned it off.
He stepped out and grabbed a few bags to carry inside.
As he walked down the weeded pathway he could see the sun already starting to set in the horizon, which was for him only more than enough reason to hurry up, beside just being tired and wanting to sleep.

He unlocked the front door and carried the groceries bags into the kitchen. He then turned back around to go pick up the rest of the bags from his car too.

After about ten minutes he was done carrying all the bags into the house, and his arms were feeling like jelly because of the carrying he had done. He locked his front door and sighed in fatigue.

It was already dark outside so he switched on the lights in his house. Happy that this time it did work, even though the one time it didn’t supposedly happened in his dreams.

He walked back into the kitchen to store all the groceries away. He started with the first bag and opened the fridge, which was to no one's surprise completely empty.
He grabbed a random paprika out of one of the plastic bags and opened the vegetable drawer, surprised to find something laying at the bottom of it.

He put the paprika on the counter and grabbed the yellowish envelope that was laying on the bottle of the fridge drawer. In utter confusion he closed the fridge and studied the envelope.
It was a normal envelope, nothing written on it, no address, no name, no stamp. Just a white, yellowing, old envelope. It wasn't even sealed.
He turned the piece of paper around and opened it, taking out a single piece of folded paper.
He felt a shiver going down his spine, though he wasn't sure why.

He slowly opened the piece of paper, which only wrote five words:
Get out of my house
“What in the world?” Felix whispered to himself. He felt a bit of a sick feeling crawling up his spine, nestling itself deep into the deepest curves of his brain.
Pushing his thoughts aside he continued storing the groceries, longing for his soft and safe bedsheets.

After he was finally done he hurried up the creaking stairs to his room, ignoring the painting of Hwang Hyunjin on purpose.
He reached his room and locked his door, quickly changed into his pyama and went to bed.
Lucky for him fell asleep immediately.

Felix woke up from something. He was laying on his stomach with his face in his pillow. His bedsheets were half off the bed and he was sweating like he just ran a marathon.
Confused, he sat up, trying to figure out what woke him. He looked at the clock and found that it was almost 3 o’clock.

Then the hairs on the back of neck stood upright and all the breath was sucked out of him.
There it was again. The ditty of his dream, along with the abstruse humming.
Feeling paralyzed he tried to move. The humming got louder, indicating the man or whatever it could be coming closer.

Despite his terrifying situation he somehow managed to stand up. His door was locked, but he still grabbed a random hamer he had laying on the desk. That evening he had to repair something and he was thanking the gods that he had forgotten to store it away after that.
He sneaked towards the door, the fear almost paralyzing him.
The humming suddenly started to die down, and so did the direfull tune.

He felt his breath picking up as his body started to move on its own.
He unlocked the door and slowly turned the knob. He slowly opened the door, just a crack, and peeked out of it. When he saw no one he practically threw the door ajar.

As he stepped out of the room with his hammer and felt a sudden calmness overtaking him.
He looked around the hallway and suddenly all his calmness disappeared when he saw a figure standing at the end of it.