chapter 8

UPDATE LESS GOOOOO

Felix took a deep breath and let go of the railing. He took a few steps to the door until, of course, he had to trip over air.

He shrieked in surprise and was ready to fall face flat on the floor, but instead he felt two arms lift him up.
“Watch out! Don’t hurt yourself further!” Hyunjin exclaimed. He carefully dragged the shocked Felix back on his feet.

“Are you ok?” Hyunjin asked worriedly. Felix wasn’t in any state to answer. Hyunjin sighed. He lifted up his hand to touch the painful spot on Felix’s head, but Felix immediately stepped back, scraping his throat with a red face.

“I’ll clean it up, you just do, uhm, what ghosts do.” Felix just stood there awkwardly for a moment. “Yeah.” He said. He put his hand against the wall for stability and slowly led himself to the door.

Hyunjin sighed. He walked over to Felix.

“I might not be able to get you ice,” He stopped behind Felix. Without any question he put his left arm behind Felix’s back and his right hand behind Felix’s knees, swiftly lifting him off the ground. “but I can carry you.” He smiled.

Felix just looked at Hyunjin, his mouth slightly agape.
“Wh-Whut?” He stuttered, completely bewildered about the other’s sudden boldness.

“I feel quilty now so let me help you get downstairs alive.” He said. He opened the door with Felix’s elbow, since he was not able to touch the door himself.

Felix quickly looked away, pretending to be interested in the pictures on the wall. As Hyunjin slowly descended the stairs his eye caught the painting of Hyunjin. Where he earlier had plastered a faint smile on his face was now that dumpling smile Felix had seen in the picture beside his coffin.

He sighed in both frustration and relief that Hyunjin didn’t let him walk on his own, but at the same time he couldn’t help but notice how toned Hyunjin’s chest was, even through his clothes.

Hyunjin walked him into a to Felix unfamiliar room. He slowly lowered Felix on a sofa and immediately began panicking again.

“You’re still bleeding!” He said, looking at the small patch of flood on the shoulder Felix had leaned his head on.

“I won’t die.” He chuckled. “I’m sure I took a first aid kit with me.” Felix tried to stand up successfully and stumbles towards a cabinet. What at first head looked like an unfamiliar room eventually simply turned out to be the living room.

He opened the cabinet. Lots of bullshits filled the shelves, but he luckily indeed found a perfectly fine first aid kit.

Hyunjin nervously walked over to Felix, ready to catch him if it was necessary.

Without paying any attention to Hyunjin he walked back over to the sofa. He let himself fall down on it and carefully opened the first aid kit.

Hyunjin slowly lowered himself beside Felix. Felix had wetted a patch of wool with alcohol and lifted his arm to hold it against the back of his head. However, his body seemed to refuse, a sudden tiredness pretty much taking over him.

“God dammit.” He cursed under his breath. Hyunjin bit his lip. He lifted his hands, then lowered them back on his lap, then he stood up and moved in front of Felix.

“Let me do it.” He said.
“You can’t touch it.” Felix chuckled weakly. Hyunjin ignored his statement and grabbed Felix’s hand that was holding the wool. He grabbed the back of Felix’s hand and practically interlaced their fingers.

“If you’ll just keep holding on to everything I’ll make sure to do the rest.” He said calmly. He moved a little forwards, closer to Felix. Felix held his breath and closed his eyes. He felt Hyunjin lift up his own hand and felt slightly dizzy, but he ignored it for his own sake.