Chapter 9

( Sanjai's Pov)

There he was standing 6'2' with the shiniest hair and clearest skin I have ever seen. I could barley look in his direction. I could feel his eyes piercing through my body but, I wouldn't dare make eye contact with MinYu. I am too embarrassed by the Instagram situation and my appearance right now. I damn near hid behind my dad the entire time pretending to be occupied on my phone. My headphones were still on but low enough to hear my surroundings. " We should get going" I heard Mr. Park say while looking at his watch. " Oh before we leave why don't you help Sanjai exchange her American money for some Korean Won. Make this her first Korean lesson" I watched as the expression on MinYu's face turned into irritation. I take off my headphones. "It's ok Mr. Park I can exchange the money some other..." Before I could finish my sentence MinYu grabbed my luggage and headed towards the currency exchange help desk. MinYu stopped walking once he noticed I was not behind him " come on Sanjai , I wouldn't want you to get lost" I could hear my dad and Mr. Park laughing as I ran to catch up to MinYu. MinYu wasn't even walking fast his strides were just so long since he was above 5"5'.

We finally stopped at the currency exchange counter, where there was a short line. I am trying to catch my breath while looking cute but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe my dad was right, I shouldn't have worn these damn Birkenstocks. As I look up I seen MinYu smiling trying not to laugh. "What!" I snap at MinYu. " You act like you just ran a marathon but, it's ok Korea will get you into shape in no time. I catch my breath. "You sure are a sour patch kid. Just a moment ago you had an attitude" We move closer to the counter. "Sanjai, if you felt like I was rude to you then I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be rude I'm just tired as hell from school. Give it a week and you'll have an attitude too" "Next" the lady at the counter calls out to us. What does MinYu mean by he's tired from school... duh everyone is tired after school. He should have taken a nap after school instead of walking around grumpy as hell. I was so lost in my train of thoughts that I didn't notice MinYu's hand out in front of me waiting for the money to exchange. MinYu leans down in front of me with a smirk on his face. "Sanjai, I know that this can be scary... being in another country without knowing the language or culture... but good thing you have me right?" MinYu winks as I hand him the money. "Eww" I say under my breath. MinYu is cute but I totally get player vibes from him. "Ma'am will you need a T Money card as well?" What the hell is a T Money card. Before I could ask, MinYu is interrupting me... again. "No ma'am, I was already recruited as her driver... do you not know who this is?! this is Sanjai Miller! the princess of the America's. God forbid she takes public transportation" At this point I am over MinYu and his sarcasm.

I watch as MinYu hands the lady $300 USD and count the money back in Won. I hear the lady say "here is your 390,313 Won and 50 cent" My eyes widen as MinYu hands me the colorful bills. We step to the side as MinYu begins explain the currency. "It's not $390,313 it's about $300 USD but a little more. We have the 50,000 bill just drop the last 3 zeros and it's $50 , 10,000 is $10 dollars, 5,000 is $5 and 1,000 is $1. Then you have the coins. 10 is 1 cent, 100 is 10 cent, 500 is 50 cent and 50 is 5 cent" I nod my head as I put the Won into my Hello Kitty bag. "That's a lot easier than I thought" I mumble under my breath as we exit the airport heading towards Mr. Parks car. It was a nice black Rang Rover with black leather seats. "All set?" Mr. Park asks as I climbed into the back seat. "Yes" I reply with a smile. MinYu climbs into the back seat after throwing my luggage into the trunk. I could admit he does look exhausted as hell.

As we make our way down the road I couldn't help but stare out of the window in awe. There were so many people waking the streets of Seoul and the scenery was beautiful. There were beauty stores and cafes on every corner, more than I could count. I even saw a billboard of New Jeans. Wow they looked so pretty on that billboard. I could feel MinYu staring at me as I gazed out the window. "So I guess you like New Jeans" MinYu chuckles. I instantly get shy as I turn to face MinYu who has that stupid smirk on his face again. "yeah... they're ok" I wasn't about to let MinYu know how much I loved New Jeans. There was no way I would let him know that I joined their Bunny fan club. He shakes his head while laughing. "You're definitely a New Jeans stan. you damn near drooled with your eyes wide about to pop out of your head" I roll my eyes as my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. " There is no need to be embarrassed Sanjai, they're a pretty dope group. FYI not everyone is Korea look like Kpop stars. They only look like that because of makeup, photoshop and surgery. The beauty stands here are unrealistic so, don't feel bad about not being the Korean beauty standard. There will be plastic surgery ads and beauty stores everywhere you go. some beauty store may even try to sale you skin whitener / lighteners. Oh, and being super skinny is a thing here too. Please don't let Korea change you. If they don't like the way you are fuck em"

I nod my head but it was easy for MinYu to say that since he is the Korean beauty standard. Tall, porcelain skin, slender body type, straight shiny black hair, plum lips with a high nose bridge and a face of a model. "Sanjai, are you ready for your first day of Korean high school tomorrow?" Mr. Parks asks while looking at me in the rear view mirror. " Not really" I rest my head against the seat as anxiety began to rush through my body. " I also registered you for cram school so, you should be able to start that tomorrow as well" I turn to MinYu who was texting on his phone. "What is cram school?" MinYu leaned his head against the window as he finished his text message before answering. "It's school... after school... it basically mandatory tutoring even if you're smart and don't need it. It's basically 20 to 25 students in 1 classroom covering all subjects. Unless, you need help in 1 specific area, then there's classes for that 1 subject. Education in Korea is very competitive, if you do not get into a top university AKA Sky universities you wont get a job or a good one at least... Also, the college entrance exams are a big thing here. They are like the SATs and ACTs in America. However, these exams are 8 hours long and basically determines your future"

My eyes widen as I feel a panic attack coming on. I was a A/B student in America but, I might be a C/D student in Korea. The Korean school system seems very competitive and intense. MinYu's eyes began to close. "Luckily I was offered a position at Samsung once I graduate college. Since I helped our dads formulate the new Z flip phone and helped with the design" Wow he must be super smart, I could never. " You know if school is not for you and you do not get into college... you can always be my stay at home wife" His smirk returned even with his eyes closed. My dad chuckled. "Thanks for the offer MinYu but my daughter is definitely getting into college" MinYu opens his eyes. "I wouldn't mind coming home to your beautiful daughter Mr. Miller" Just as MinYu winked the car came to a stop at a parking garage to a tall apartment building. "We're home" my dad says while looking out the window. Mr. Park puts a code into the gate to open the garage. We pulled into the parking garage which reminded me of the ones at the mall but way cleaner.

"Sanjai" Mr. park calls to me before I could get out of the car. I was ready to get away from his self centered Sarcastic son. "MinYu will take you to store to get your school uniform for tomorrow" MinYu runs his hands through his hair as he whines , lowkey having a tantrum. "Why can't you take her we are already in the car" Mr. Park side eyes MinYu. "Because I said so and me and Mr. Miller have to attend a meeting. Here drive my car, I will catch a ride with Mr. Miller. Also, when you get back show Sanjai how to use the key pad to enter her apartment" MinYu goes to the drive seat as I sit in the back seat like a toddler. I really want to shower and lay down just as bad as MinYu does. " Are you going to sit in the back seat like a toddler or get in the front seat" MinYu asks with an attitude. "If you don't want to take me you don't have to" I yelled while getting out of the car and slamming the door shut. At this point I am sick of his attitude. I get that he is tired but he doesn't have to be such a dick. MinYu rolls down the passenger window. "Then how are you going to get there?" I fold my arms across my chest. "I'll call a cab" MinYu chuckles "do you know where you're going?.. do you speak Korean?" " Besides if you get lost I'll have to deal with both of our dads and I'm not in the mood for hide and seek. So, just get in the car" I hesitate to get into the car because who is he talking to. " Get in the car... please" I roll my eyes as I climb into the passenger seat. " Are you always a fucking jerk" I ask as we pull out of the garage and onto the busy street. MinYu puts on his sunglasses while leaning back into his seat. "I guess you'll find out since we're stuck together.

'