(End of flashback)

Neon opened his eyes,refusing to let the tears fall,the memory of Chris was ecstasy but the knowledge he was gone...

Even Neon Riding had his heartbreaks.

It was all their fault,Maeve,the cadre,they took Chris from him,they had cornered him when Neon had been away one night and tore him to shreds,Chris fought until his last breath and refused to give away Neon's location,his unconditional love for Neon greater than anything in this world yet Neon couldn't save him,when Neon found out what was happening he rushed to rescue him but It was to late.Chris was already dead by the time he got there.The cadre had slaughtered him and their soldiers had tried to capture Neon to force him to be Maeve's eternal warrior after they were granted freedom for winning a war against some monsters.Neon and Chris had been secret warriors of Maeve,dispatched against the most horrifying creatures that could eviscerate legions.Even the cadre had only heard whispers of them.Until that point at least.Neon hadn't actually seen the cadre at the scene but their scents were strong.

He paced around waiting for everyone to be there so he could take his revenge.He would kill them all slowly,creatively just like how they killed Chris.Suddenly the fortress was under attack and Neon's eyes widened at the assailants.

It wasn't fae or human,it was valg.