Valor Part 7

Pairing: Jake x Reader, Daniel x Reader

Word Count: 26.3k

Warnings: Cursin', Smokin', Drinkin'. Angst: Struggle and Poverty, Emotional Manipulation, Abandonment, Jealousy, Mentions of Violence, Mentions of Weapons, Physical Fighting, Blood, Bodily Injury, Heavy Angst, Reckless Driving, Allusions to Shady Activities, Coercion, Betting, Crying, Big Emotions, Fluff. Smut: Kissing, Teasing, Heavy Petting, Oral F!Receiving, Fingering, Unprotected Sex, Cum Play, Choking.

DANNY POV

"Goddamnit Daniel, just tell me who..."

You licked your lips, the metallic taste of blood still present as your tongue gently brushed over the broken skin. "Teddy."

"Te-Teddy?! What did he... How did he find us?!" Jake stood from his seat on the bed, throwing his arms into the air.

"No fuckin' clue, Jake. But he did. They did. Guess it was the same guys that jumped you." You recounted their looks, filing through the memories of any details about them you could remember. The remnants of the alcohol still in your system mixed with the surprise of being woken from a dead sleep had your mind feeling fuzzy.

Jake turned his back to you, pacing the room with a hand to his forehead. "One tall and skinny, one a little shorter with red hair? Talked like he had a mouth full of shit?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I think so." You winced as you resituated in bed, finding the energy to tell the story, when all you wanted to do was roll as far away from them as you could, and drift back into your dreamless sleep.

"Before I could even register who they were, Teddy had me pushed back into the room and the door shut and blocked. He knows why we're here, Jake. He knows we fight for money. Knows about Oz, all of it. Don't know where the fuck he got his information, some loose-lipped assholes somewhere, I'd guess. Anyway, they followed us here, basically. Same thing as last time." You reached for your cigarette tin and lighter that laid next to you on the nightstand, flipping the lid open and grabbing one of the sweet-smelling pre-rolleds and igniting it to life.

You held the smoke in your lungs for a few seconds before you exhaled, letting your swollen eyes finally close for a second as you laid your head back on the headboard. "They questioned the fuck out of me. Wanted to know where you were. Where you were..." you motioned to Y/N with the fingertips that held your cigarette. Her eyes grew ten times in size as you watched her realize she still was on their radar. Another reason you didn't want her to leave alone...

"Anyway, I didn't lie. Wasn't no use in it since they already knew. And I really didn't know where you were. They beat the shit out of me to get me to admit everything to them. Fucking assholes." You ended your sentence with a harsh dab of your cigarette into the amber glass ashtray on the nightstand.

"Why? Why does Teddy care all of a sudden?" Jake pressed, sounding flustered.

"It's obvious, Jake. He knows you have more money now that you're winning bouts." Y/N said quietly.

You nodded. "Mmhm. Plus he has his nose in everything that happens in Joslyn. Was only a matter of time before he caught wind of us doing this...without his approval."

Jake sat down on the opposite bed, letting his head fall into his hands. "Fuck." He breathed. "I should have been here. I'm-I'm sorry, Danny. We shouldn't have left you—"

"No. You shouldn't have." You cut him off. "At least without telling me you were leaving." You could hear the pain in your own voice, and for the first time, you couldn't tell if it was physical pain, or your heart hurting. Probably both.