Chapter 16 Part II

Lisa's POV

I really felt bad for Chae since we've been together we have been inseparable and I love that so much, I love being around her. I was happy with us with how we were but I didn't want us to get complacent, I hardly got to see my friends because I would be forever with Chae or with the kids. It's just hard to get that time to ourselves when Chae had such anxiety whenever I left or hinted at leaving the house. I started catching onto it a couple months after we started dating and it got worse as the time went on, but I enabled her behavior which wasn't good. So I guess us slowly getting that time that we need was a start I wouldn't stay away for long just an hour or so because I know this was torture for her.

I drove to Irene's house deciding to hang out there instead of going out plus Irene wanted to talk about something that she didn't want to talk about in public. I pulled up to her house and parked my car, after getting out of my car I trekked the way to her front door. Once I got to the door I knock and waited for her to answer and it didn't take long because she was expecting me.

As soon as she opened the door she pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back. "Hey Irene." I said to her she was still hugging me.

"I missed you Liz." She said hugging me tightly.

"I missed you too Irene, but you're strangling me." I said.

She pulls out of the hug. "Sorry it's just I haven't seen you in a while, come in."

I walked into the beautifully decorated home and we both take a seat on her couch.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around much but I've been busy with work, Chae, and the boys." I said.

"It's alright I know you have priorities." She said.

"So how are you feeling, I feel so bad that I wasn't there for you?" I asked with pure concern.

I could see her tearing up and I instantly wrapped her in a hug. "I just wanted it so bad Lisa." Irene started crying.

"I know you did, look I know it doesn't seem like it right now but it'll be alright." I said to her reassuringly.

"I can't see that, it won't be alright." She said sobbing into my shoulder.

"It will." I said reassuringly.

"Lisa that was the third one I lost, I can't do it anymore it's so heartbreaking. As much as I want it I can't put myself though that again." She said pulling from me and leaning back on the couch wiping her eyes.

Irene has been trying for a while to have a baby with her husband of five years, he was always away on business so a child would have been perfect especially with her being alone all the time. But unfortunately she miscarried three times she was having the hardest time with infertility and after the help of some doctors she was able to get pregnant, but after a couple of weeks she would lose them and every time it would be harder for her so I understand her not wanting to try anymore. Wanting a child and then loosing it was the worst possible thing, I mean I would know. I was still hurt over my forced abortion and that happened over thirteen years ago.

"So what are you going to do you really want a baby?" I asked her.

She sniffled. "I don't know, I really wanted to have a child but my body just won't hold them. Ed had suggested we use a surrogate." She shared.

"Really, doesn't that cost like one-hundred grand can you afford that?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I have a five star restaurant and Ed is a CEO at the company he works for so we have more than enough. The problem is deciding wither or not to actually go for it, it's a huge decision to make." She said.