006, jealous

"YOU OKAY?" That question lingered in Melody's mind, as Cole asked it, his arms still wrapped around her. Melody felt numb, she didn't know if she felt okay or not. She didn't know what the fuck she felt.

Cole heard nothing back from his question making him look down at the girl in his arms, "melody, hey, you okay?" Cole used her full name to get her attention, he was so worried about her.

Melody looked up hesitantly, "I don't know. . . I think." She replied softly, a slight frown still placed on her lips. Cole sighed, "how about when we go home, we can raid all the snacks and watch movies all night, like we used to do it hm?"

He wanted to cheer her up, and if anything would cheer his best friend up it would be getting fat while watching movies.

Melody smiled.

"I like that idea."

AFTER MELODY had finally calmed down and felt better, the bell rang an they were off to class. They were currently sat next to each other, while the teacher was passing out everyone's test.

"Shit. . ." She heard besides her, and so did someone else.

"Hey, man, you good?" She looked to her left and saw one of Cole's old teammate.

Melody furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, what happened? Melody then understood his question when she looked at Cole then down at his paper. He failed a test, again.

Cole just wordlessly nodded his head, clearly not in the mood to talk. "For what it's worth, I barely got a C." The football player said, smiling trying to make the blonde boy feel better about himself, making melody shake her head, trying to Stop him from talking.

Yet the boy ignored her and continued, "that's only cause coach is on my back about grades 24/7. Huh?" He said, and melody knew where this was going.

Cole looked more annoyed then ever, "yeah," he mumbled.

"At least you don't have to deal with that anymore," the football player said, smiling. Cole looked at him, annoyed and trying to play it off.

Melody closed her eyes and pursed her lips. Then the bell rang and the football player noticed the look on both of their faces.

"Hey, man. .I didn't mean it like that, I would-"

"Don't worry about it." Cole interrupted his apology, already walking towards the door.

The football player looked at melody with an apology face.
"It's fine, it's just been a bad day."
She explained, trying to calm the boy down before walking out herself, making her way to Cole.

"Hey, you know he didn't mean it that way," she said once she finally caught up with him. Cole looked down at and shrugged, "it's whatever," he said. Clearly it's not whatever, you look like you wanna punch a wall, dumbass. Melody thought.

Melody opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by Erin calling Cole's name. "Alright, see you in a bit, Mel." Cole said sticking his hand out, waiting to di their hand shake.

Melody let go of the issue for now, before nodding, "alright, bye Cole," she said, finally putting her hand uo and doing their hand shake.

The pair smiled at each other one last time before going separate ways. Melody went over to her friend Anya, who was talking about something.

"Dude, they are like so cute!" She practically yelled in the crowded hall. Melody finally reached her witg a confused look on her face hearing her statement.

"Who looks cute together?" She asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Anya smiled at her, "Alex and Jackie! They're talking right now, look how nervous he looks!"

Melody looked confused, turning around too see Jackie and Alex talking and laughing. "They. . are adorable!" She said, cringing at her voice (- melody decided she will stop assuming things, so she'll just ignore it.)

Anya smiled, "I know right? They would be like the best couple ever!" She said, still looking at the pair.

Melody tilted her head. Do they actually fit together? I mean, Jackie is basically the girl version of Alex and melody is. . . Melody.
Melody shook her head at her thoughts, you're being stupid! She thought before turning back at Anya who kept rambling about how cute they are.

I mean Alex is quiet, smart, love reading, melody hated being quiet, she barley passes any of her classes and she can't pick up a book if her life depended on it.

Alex is kind, and caring, but melody, she was rude, and didn't fucking care.

Alex was Alex.

And melody was melody.

Melody's thought's raced in her mind, and she felt like she wanted to throw up.

Her and Alex were so different.

They wouldn't work.

A/n: hello! I'm sorry for the really short chapter, but I don't have enough time right now, so I'm giving you guys a little filler chapter!

Anyways about the chapter, I kinda wanted you guys to see Melody's mental health more, so the past chapters Will be about that, And the first one is self sabotage, but I realized that she kind of assumes things really quickly, so with this I wanna make Alex find out in like three to four chapters, and I also want hrr to see all the up coming alex and Jackie scenes to make jer doubt more, so this pass 5-7 chapters Will be full of angst. (Is that how you spell it??)

I will be updating the next chapter soon!

So with that I hope you have an amazing day/night/morning!