026, they eyes; they never lie

MELODY SIGHED DISAPPOINTED AS SHE WHIPED COLE'S SLIGHTLY BLOODY CHEEK. The blonde was annoyed by the boys actions, as they were having a good night. Her face was harden, and she was irritated. Cole was looking at her with his puppy eyes- that hardly worked on her. The boy felt bad as she finally was having a good time at a party, but Alex was a bitch. for being him, and looking at melody like she was his. He should never look at her like that.

"Mel, I'm so-"

"I don't want to hear it," melody cut Cole off, her tone clear and stern. The boy sighed, his eyes closing for a second before opening them- only to be met with Melody's glare. "that fight was so stupid, Cole."

"No, it wasn't!" Cole scoffed, making melody drop her hands from his face, and taking a step back. "I saw it. I saw the way he looked at you... and I saw the way you looked at him."

Melody shook her head, "I wasn't looking at him in any way." Melody lied through her teeth, throwing the paper towel in the trash before making her way out of the bathroom, making her way to the room.

Cole's jaw harden before he got up himself and followed the girl into their room, closing the door. "Yes you did, you looked at him like—like—"

"Like, like," melody mocked Cole. She was getting mad, no matter how she looked at him, no matter how she felt for him, he chose Jackie, and she didn't even know the girl was in his mind. "stop stuttering, speak right."

"Like you were in love with him! Like he was the love of your fucking life!" Cole suddenly shouted, anger all over his face.

"Well, he's not! I don't love Alex, and I never will! I was fucking looking at him! One goddamn glance doesn't mean I'm in love with Alex, Cole!"

Cole sighed, "melody, you promised. you fucking promised me you'd never get with any of them."

"And I haven't broken that promise. I would never."

You fucking liar Melody Cameron.

———

COLE WALTER was grateful he got to call Melody Cameron his best friend. but recently, he would say he doesn't even know her. She was hiding something, and Cole knew it, and Cole knew, that melody knew, that he knew. But the boy, was scared to see what she was hiding. He was afraid he was going to lose her forever, or she was going to hurt him in the way she only can. The only person who could truly hurt him — was melody.

So here, he stood. in school, his cheek hurting like hell, and his mind on his and Melody's fight last night. The way she eyes widen when he screamed, the way her body slowly shook. He knew melody would never admit it, but he scared her. So, he was going to do anything he can to get her to forgive him for ever making her feel some type of unsafeness in his presence.

The blonde boy sighed, before closing his locker, and making his way to English class. he was late, making him the only one in the hallway. His quiet footsteps lightly echoed through the halls, but his movement stopped as he heard light whispers coming from the other room.

The boy quickly ducked, not wanting to be seen from the small window on the slightly opened door. He quietly stayed on the ground, listening to the conversation.

"Alex, why did you get with me?" It was Jackie. Cole gasped quietly, before wanting to hear Alex's response. He was curious, why did he start dating her, because Cole did not see any signs.