013, charity

"I'M GOING TO BED." Melody said to cole, who smiled at her and nodded her head, telling her good night and he'll be there in a bit. Melody sighed tiredly walking up the stairs, god her shoulders hurt like a bitch, she hated her backpack.

Melody finally reached Cole's room, "melody," melody -startled- quickly turned around trying to see who whispered her name. There stood Jackie, arms wrapped around herself, a tired smile on her face.

"Jackie?" Melody said her name, "why are you up?"

"Uh- i can't really sleep." Jackie shrugged, smiling sheepishly but melody knew she was begging to go to sleep. Melody nodded, "do- you want me to sleep next to you?"

Jackie quickly looked up, "yes, please, I really can't sleep alone right now."

Melody smiled, she walked over to Jackie, connecting their arms before heading to her bedroom. And in each other's presence they fell asleep peacefully.

MELODY WALKED back to the apple cart- ( or whatever the hell it was), with a small bag of sour gummy worms in her hand. It was the town fair for the football team, Melody didn't want to go at all, but since she slept in Jackie's room, the younger girl had dragged her here with Alex, saying, and I quote, "you guys can probably kiss and make up, or whatever you do." There definitely would be no kiss or making up.

Melody finally reached the cart and only came back to see Alex struggling to make the apple juice, "ha, you look dumb," she laughed, accidentally voicing her thoughts. Alex who heard this, quickly stopped turning to melody, who quickly put her hand over mouth, and glared at him.

"I wouldn't look dumb if your stupid Best friend was here." He quickly snapped, very annoyed. Melody shrugged, "he's your stupid brother."

Alex rolled his eyes, "I don't have a choice, but you do." He declared. Now, it was melody's turn to roll her eyes, "it was the better choice."

Alex continued to glare, "uh, huh." And before melody could asked what the hell was wrong with his tone, Jackie quickly interrupted, slightly annoyed by their banter.
"Anything from anyone?" She asked Alex.

"Uh-" Alex turned his attention away from melody, pulling out his phone, "I texted, but haven't got anything back."

Jackie sighed.

"Welcome everybody!"

The trio turned their attention to the guy talking on the small stage, melody chewing on her gummy worm, slightly shivering, it was cold.

"To the silver falls high homecoming huddle and charity drive!" The man continues to announce, while the three continue watching. Alex turned to Jackie, "wanna check it out?" He asked, nudging her lightly.

As he said this, the cheerleaders got on stage and began to perform. "I don't think we're supposed to leave the cart unattended." Jackie replied to Alex's question.

Melody shook her head, "it'll be fine."

"Yeah, it's been through worse." The couple glanced at each other, silently agreeing. Jackie looked at them, unsure. Melody sighed before wrapping her arm around hers, "c'mon." She said, dragging Jackie, who has no choice but to follow.

As they walked through the crowd, they saw a man shirtless, with a b painted on his stomach, melody grimaced, "ew, there's kids here." She whispered.

Alex turned to her, pretty, he thought. "At least he's showing his spirit," he shrugged smiling slightly. Melody furrowed her eyebrows, " he could do it with a shirt on."