009, lies

MELODY BOBBED HER HEAD TO THE BEAT OF SONG, playing at the diner. She was eating a small basket of fries, eating them slowly not wanting to go home. She heard her phone buzzed, for the hundredth time, letting it ring for a bit before letting out a dramatic sigh, and answering the annoying phone.

She put the phone to her ear, already knowing who it was, "melody, where are you? Why aren't you home?" she heard Katherine rush out, melody closed her eyes for a moment before putting her act on.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," melody put panic in her voice, silently thanking for the drama class she took in freshman year. She got up slowly, getting the attention of Yolanda, making melody wave and the lady do the same. She pushed the door open hearing the bell ring, this caught Katherine's attention.

"Are you at the diner?" She asked Melody face froze, her legs walking faster, making her hair fly everywhere. She laughed nervously, "w-what why would I be there, I'm just, uh, I stayed after school for a bit," she closed her eyes tightly, still walking before opening then, she can't lie for shit.

Katherine sighed. "Melody. . . just come home, dinner will be ready in an hour." She said, making melody's lips to pull in a frown, she hated lying to Katherine.

"Okay, I'll be there."

AFTER A LONG AND EXHAUSTING WALK, melody finally reached the house, she let out a tired sigh, walking up the stairs. Melody opened the door, dropping her back pack at the doorway before taking off her shoes and putting her slippers on, that rested on the racket.

Her entrance caught everyone's attention, mostly Alex's. "Melody. Where have you been?" She heard George call out as she walked to the dinner table, with her head down. She played with the end of her skirt, crunching it with her hands. Melody pursed her lips, looking around the table, her gaze lingering a second too long on Alex, who didn't even look her in the eye.

"I was. . . at the diner." She slowly said, smiling awkwardly. Alex furrowed his eyebrows, "with who?" The words left his mouth before he could even think. Melody's gaze snapped to Alex, her mouth opened slightly, shocked that he even talked to her, before quickly closing it.

"No one. I was there by myself." She answered her gaze still on Alex. Alex made a fake confused face, "you sure?" He asked sarcastically, tilting his head to the right.

Melody scoffed, who the hell did he think he is? "Yes, Alex. I was at the diner alone, eating. Which is what you do at a diner." She answered him in way she hated people talking to her, like he was dumb.

Alex opened his mouth to speak but got cut off by the front door opening and Cole barging in. "Is there anything left? 'Cause I am starving." He called out before quickly walking to the table before seeing a burger still left and stuffing his face, chewing loudly.

Melody scrunched up he face I'm disgust, "chew right, nasty." She scoffed, making Cole turn his attention to he rlike he didn't see her. "What the hell? Did you just get here?" He asked, his mouth still full of food. The look of disgust never left Melody's face when she nodded her head.