010, together

"WHY WERE YOU CRYING LAST NIGHT?" melody froze as her best friend asked the question she's been dreading the moment she walked into the room last night. Cole looked at melody who froze from helping fix his bed.

Melody smiled up at Cole, shrugging. "It was something stupid," she explained, noticing cole scrunch up his eyebrows, in confusion. "Just kinda thought of everything that happened and. . broke down, I guess?" It wasn't a total lie, but it wasn't the full truth either.

"Why do you do that?" Cole asked, he was frustrated, why is she keeping something from him? He has told her everything and anything, why can't she do the same? Melody looked up and confused, "what do you mean?" She asked quietly.

"You're not telling me the truth," Cole responded as if it was the obvious - ( which is was. ) Melody had finally finished the bed, before standing up on her feet, "Cole, I'm not hiding something from you," she scoffed.

"I never said you were, I said you weren't telling me the truth, but now I know you're hiding something from me." Cole got up too, crossing his arms over his chest. Melody sighed, should she tell him? She wanted to so bad but she can't. She can't lose their friendship, it was the last good thing she had left.

"I'm not, I'm just. . . stressed, okay? I'm s- stressed, and confused and sad, maybe even mad," melody tried to explain, making Cole walk up to her, making her look up at him. "Stop. Calm down," he comforted her. "Stop stressing, or feeling whatever you're feeling," or tried to comfort her.

Melody snorted, "oh, I'm amazing now, thank you for those expiring words." Melody teased, pushing him back slightly, making him grin because he didn't move an inch. "Hey! I'm trying to help, and it seems like it's helping," Cole gestures to her smile, happy that the frown on her lips was finally gone, and hopefully won't come back.

"Oh, yeah, your stupidity always puts a smile on my face," melody said, walking towards the closest to get her sweater, it was freezing - ( well, to her it was ), Cole made an offended face, "wow! That was rude, low blow," he said, jokingly putting his hand on his heart.

Melody laughed before something popped in her mind, "Cole?" She called out his name, taking her sweater of it's hanger. Cole who was now putting his shoes on, looked up, and hummed for her to continue.

"What were you and Jackie doing at the water hole?" She asked, and didn't miss the way Cole froze, slightly. Melody smirked, this should be interesting. "Uh- what do you mean?" Melody laughed, he was playing the dumb card.
"Cole, you know Damm well, what I mean. What are you doing?" Melody asked, finally zipping up.her sweater, before putting her hands on her hips.

"I'm not doing anything. I was just. . . being nice." Cole said in tone that told melody he didn't even believe in himself. Melody rolled her eyes, "oh, yeah, because you're the nicest person ever," the sarcastic tone in her voice made Cole roll his eyes, sighing.

"Ha, ha, ha. Shut up." Cole said, grabbing his towel to wipe his face after brushing his teeth. Melody shrugged one shoulder, before walking to the door. "I'ma go to brush my teeth." Cole announced to her.

Melody nodded her, "alright. I'm hungry, I'ma be in the kitchen." She responded making him nod, before staring at her for a second more before brushing past her and going to the restroom and closing the door.

Melody sighed closing her eyes for a moment before walking down the stairs.