006. chicken pox

୭  🧷 ✧ ˚

                                                                    ୭  🧷 ✧ ˚.  ᵎᵎ  🎀

sam's pov

WHAT DID I just hear come out from one of my bestfriend's mouth 5 hours ago? He's dating the girl I've known since 14? the girl who wiped my tears when I scraped my knee. The girl who made me and colby Mac and cheese when we had the chicken pox.

the girl that sings songs to the plants when she waters them? The girl I want to protect my whole life? that is just crazy. Absolutely crazy. Not to be that person but what does lily see in him ? I genuinely do not get it at all.

she looks at me , and her face softens. god why does her face look so doe like and why have I never noticed it until now? I can tell all of them are expecting a reaction from me as I'm just stuck in place. "Uh.. that's great!" I rejoiced stubbornly earlier and they all smiled and went back to Nate but lily , she looked at me. I knew she was doing her analysis because I can tell.

She was trying to figure out why I was not more enthusiastic about this and frankly , I don't even know myself. I should be happy for them and a part of me is but my gut tells me that nate is gonna shatter her heart into pieces and then I'll be the one forced to pick it up. or atleast that's what I'm telling myself.

The doorbell rings and colby opens it taking the bags from the delivery man that we had ordered For dinner and he sets it down on the table as everyone tucks in. I sit down next to kat and put my hand on her thigh. Lily and Nate are across us and they're giggling about something.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion why wouldn't lily tell me she had feelings for him , Colby seems to have known but why not me? Why has she pushed herself away from me , what have I done? My mind is not letting me think of anything else and it's devastatingly pissing me off.

Lily's washing the dishes with kat and I snake my arms around her waist kissing her cheek "love you baby" I utter and she says it back. Saying that doesn't feel as natural as it always does but I think I'm going crazy and I need to take a break from all this bomb dropping.

I groggily walk to my bed and collapse on it , lily and Nate.. guess I'll just have to get used to it. But how am I supposed to do, that girl is like my little sister and we have done every little thing together. Suddenly she stops telling me big things in her life and that is really attacking me. I don't ever want to drift apart from her no matter how small the matter is , I think I'm overreacting but that's just how I'm behaving right now and I can't shake it out of my head.

I turn to the side of my bed stretching , i grab my phone from my nightstand pulling up my imessage with colby

ZA BROCKSTAR 🎸

ZA BROCKSTAR 🎸
wya bro kat's looking for u
sammy sandwich
in bed I can't feel my limbs
ZA BROCKSTAR 🎸

                                                                                                                             Sammy sandwich                                                                                                            ...

Sammy sandwich
haha 😂
ZA BROCKSTAR 🎸
save me pls 🙏
Sammy sandwich
i am not moving.
ZA BROCKSTAR 🎸
brother are u actually okay?
Sammy sandwich
yeah why wouldn't I be ??
seen 2 mins ago.

I groan and shut off my phone throwing it somewhere on my bed , i stand up and walk over to my office sighing rubbing my face , seriously why the fuck is this affecting me ? It's actually pissing me off.

I walk into my office turning on my PC pulling my chair backwards , i sit in it and log into my insta on my laptop and start a livestream "hey guys!! how have you been" I say to my laptop screen.

2 hours later

I rush over to lily's room knocking desperately on the door. "come in!!!" I hear her loud scream as I walk in , she's on a videocall with one of the triplets I forget who , then I notice his red hair and realize it's nick.

"yes Sam?" I stare into her eyes. "I want a cat" I strongly suggest , "what? you already have one" I roll my eyes at a joke people have made one too many times. she notices my eye roll and chuckles "I can take u to a cat cafe whenever u feel" I shake my head no because I want one , to adopt and nurture a cat.

She groans "sam what the fuck bro where did this come from" why does she keep complaining , i am having a normal conversation with her. Does she not like my presence anymore?

she glances at nick and I can hear his mild chuckle , a faint "call me later" comes out of his mouth before the hangup tone erupts in the room. she sets her phone down on the bed. "ally has one"

she facepalms "sam , just cuz allison has one doesn't mean u need one right this instant" I shake my head matter-of-factly "yes I do , Eloise needs a best friend don't you think?" she does that thing , she fucking smiles. grinning ear to ear staring into me. what the actual fuck is going on.

I try to ignore the rapid beating of my heart. Something is wrong , desperately wrong and I won't let this happen , it will not. maybe I am just on my man period or I'm driving myself nuts because there is no way in hell I have any sort of feelings besides sisterly love for lily Walker.

she stands up pulling me to sit down on her bed. she grabs her box full of memorabilia and hands it to me "look inside" she nudges me. I look down carefully opening the box and the first thing I see is my tacobell punch card. I gasp at this

she giggles gently "what the hell i loved these , i had hundreds I swear to god" "I know you did sam, I kept it for you in case you needed a mood booster" I laugh petting her head. "Can I keep it lily?" she nods

        Lily Walker. A woman so softhearted that only I wish to protect.

ari speaks! ˚୨୧˚
a happy happy new year to all reading this , may your 2024 be blessed and prosperous loads of love , i hope everyone reading this has a good day/night , take care of your self and don't skip any meals !!