009. picnic day

୭  🧷 ✧ ˚

୭ 🧷 ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀˚.

TODAY WAS a unusually cold day with wind blowing everything around. Everyone wanted to go out today but suddenly it felt like it was safer to stay at home so they obviously didn't.

It has started raining and Sam , kat , Colby , lily and Nate are walking over to the park with a picnic basket in lily's hand and chairs and mats with the boys. Kat's holding the drinks and nate has a huge ass umbrella that he's using to cover everyone.

They all reach the park in silence laughing at the fact that it's still raining heavily. and they're about to ruin a lot of money's worth of food. but you only
live once.

Sam's standing on two trees while Nate's in the one directly opposite it attempting to tie a thick blanket to it so that they sort of have a shade , they chose a place with more grass than dirt so no puddles around them. Colby is laying another thick blanket on the ground and setting objects on it so it doesn't fly away. Lily and kat are chatting while unpacking a few snacks and placing them in disposable bowls.

they're all sitting under the blanket sam and nate set up and eating nachos , Colby's talking about how this girl he met at a party managed to do a one hand cartwheel with a white claw in her other hand. Everyone's adding jokes to it and it becomes more funny and lily and kat are clutching eachother wheezing. "stop I'm gonna pee" kat lets out "fuck I think I already did" lily says , now it's the Boys turn to burst into laughter at the girls looking like they're on crack "how the fuck did she flip in the air like a noodle"

everyone's trying to catch their breath clutching their stomachs. lily wipes her eyes with a content sigh and she stands up grabs the umbrella and walks over to the drinks grabbing another whiteclaw , she looks behind her and sees sam just finished his and set It down , she takes another from the cooler and walks over to sam "here blondie" "oh uh thanks" her hand is stretched out handing him the whiteclaw and Sam's now taking it from her , he's looking at her wondering what she's trying to do here , if she's trying to send some type of signal but all lily thought she was being nice to her friend.

The rain has reduced significantly and now it's just drizzling , Sam and kat leave to get icecream and Colby's gone to find the park's bathroom. lily is shaking softly hugging herself because it's still windy , nate looks at her and grabs the blanket by their feet and covers himself and her hugging her waist under it. she giggles and points to the tree shading them. " it reminds me of you" "oh yeah , how so?" "calm , comforting and beautiful as fuck."

"you think I'm beautiful?" "more than you think mister" he smiles softly and she turns her head to face him , he softly glances at her lips and lily inches closer to him. She nods and he softly kisses her , she brings her hand to his cheek and he's caressing her waist. and as if more sabotage needed to happen. Sam and kat clear their throat. The two quickly break off and stare at their friends awkwardly "sorry" they both utter and Kat's quick to respond "don't be , Sam hasn't kissed me like that in a while" he scoffs In disbelief and grabs her face and gently kisses her.

"EW COUPLES" Colby's shouting as he walks up the hill. sam and kat break off and hands everyone their icecream , sam hands lily her cup of cookies and cream mixed with rocky road " here , got you your favorite" " yeah th-thanks sam" he nods at her and walks away.

nate finishes his icecream putting it in the recycling trash close by and stands up grabbing his badminton racket "who's down?" colby raises his hand standing up dusting his pants "let's get it!" kat whoops "team nate" lily says giggling while Nate blows her a kiss.

Colby rolls his eyes at the gesture and sam pulls a face. "I'm actually pulling inside" , Nate chuckles "oh yeah , let's see if you're gonna puke once you're a loser" colby guts and the game starts.

Halfway through the game and colby is ahead by two itty bitty points. lily's phone starts chiming. She pulls it out of her pocket to see a FaceTime call from 'matty b <3' she excused herself standing up to the nearest bench where there is silence. she slides to the green icon , matt's face pops up on her phone "hello there miss lover girl" lily's mouth hangs open "you're a fucking loser Matt" she says with a light grin.

"how are you?" "I've been fine and you?" "So fucking tired from tour , you know some girl brought me a chick-fil-a cup to sign?" lily laughs silently "no way bro , that tiktok is iconic on god" matt noticed the greenery around her "so , where you at huh?" she smiles "take a guess" he sighs "I don't know , a park?" She nods "oh" "picnic"now it's his turn to nod. "miss you a lot lily , you don't get it bro" she sheepishly grins. "I miss you so much more Bernard , how's antonio and owen?" "doing alright , they're napping right now"

Lily hears her name being called out and she turns towards it , it's kat gesturing her to come back and she nods "hey Matt I'll go now , I'll call you when I'm home alright?" he agrees and says goodbye to her. She hangs up walking towards the picnic spot.

She sees colby accepting defeat. That's quite a shock , he's always been amazing at badminton. Nate walks towards her ruffling her hair "my good luck charm" she smiles widely.

many games later

they're all packing up now and heading home chitchatting about how successful of a day this was. nate and lily are holding hands and no one cares no one but one. he can't help it , it troubles him more than he expects it to. He sighs and follows after them.

ari speaks! ˚୨୧˚
woaah this was a terribly boring chapter huh? did my best and I hope you all like It , i hope everyone reading this has a good day/night , take care of your self and don't skip any meals !!