011. gatorade

୭  🧷 ✧ ˚

                                                                ୭  🧷 ✧ ˚.  ᵎᵎ  🎀

[ lily's pov ]

SAM IS running a marathon today as a cancer fundraiser and we all couldn't be more proud of him. Nate came over the day before and stayed the night to help the boys set up the last minute stuff. We are currently in my room getting ready , Nate's pulling the lime green xplr jersey on and I'm tying my hair into a braid , I add a star clip to it.

I shut the door behind Nate and walk downstairs , sam and Colby are in the kitchen making protein shakes , i stop infront of them with a big grin on my face "what?" They ask "you guys are the most awesome humans I know"

They smile in return "sam you're crazy but I'm so so proud of you" colby looks at him and Sam's features soften , i can tell that hit a cord. "thanks lil, haven't heard that in a while." Something about Sam's soft yet wistful smile made my heart flutter, almost the way Nate used to make my heart flutter, but just a more jittery feeling. However, I Pat them on the back and walk away leaving them for their last minute stuff.

Kat walks out of her bedroom looking so so cute in the oversized xplr jersey " you look awesome!" "thanks hun so do you" she sits down next to me and slides her running shoes on , i get on my knee and help her tie them.

Nate skips down and collapses next to the two of us " you guys were very unexpected you know?" me and Nate glance at eachother "really?" Kat nods "Sam was shocked for days" once again , me and Nate exchange glaces. "yeah I guess so"

We are all driving to the Santa Monica pier now , sam and Colby have invited 23 of their influencer friends to join the marathon and we are all gonna meet them there. During the ride, my mind kept reeling what Kat said, 'Sam was shocked for days.' I mean yeah we were a spur of the moment thing but why was SAM shocked. Something about thinking about Sam made the flutters return, but with a more anger induced feeling.

Sam told me allison , his sister will be there and I'm terribly excited because I haven't seen her in a long time and she's always been like a big sister to me. (Also will help me get my mind off of Sam for some time) she knows I like Sam , she has known for majority of it now. Maybe she won't bring it up.

We are unloading the supplies and i jump down from the car seeing Sam talk to this guy in black with this big camera machine , 'what the heck' I think to myself 'why's it so huge is my only question' allison spots me and walks towards us "lils!!" I run towards her and catch her in a big hug , she's rocking me back and forth while turning and I'm just hiding my face in her neck.

we pull away and Sam turns around and looks at us " she hasn't seen her brother in the same amount of time and chooses lily over me." " get on my level samuel" he playfully rolls his eyes and ally chuckles "I see you guys haven't changed" I nod in approval as Nate walks up to me hugging me from the back "and let me guess , little Nate over here is your boyfriend" I smile and nod reassuringly as she tries to read me

"yes I know ally but it's been 7 years , it's time don't you think" she chuckles "true that , my brother is a little stupid , love him to bits anyway" ally looks over my shoulder and i turn around and it's Sam's parents , they wave at me. I quickly sprint towards them , Sam's mom pulls me in for a hug almost immediately

"missed you so so much mama golbach" "missed you too my little girl" I pull away with tears in my eyes and a soft smile on my face , the golbachs have always been there for me , they are my comfort place and the sweetest people ever and I've never been more grateful for them. Sam walks over and gives her a side hug "hi ma" he hugs his dad too "hey dad" "hi son , hi my favorite mimosa" I smile shyly "hi pa" he ruffles my hair "how you doing kid?" "doing alright how bout you?" "missing my bigshot kids plus my colby and lily" colby chuckles.

"At this point we need to adopt lily" Sam says "you guys love her more than me" "it's not our fault she calls and checks up on us more than you do mister" mama golbach says and Sam scoffs "she's really perfect" he says , my eyes widen and I turn my face away from them , they all exchanges greetings with kat and nate now and tease me because I'm dating Nate.

a few hours later

Sam collapses down on the pavement while I bend down gasping for air , Colby's live-streaming and breathing heavily , i go over and pull Sam up and hug him "im so proud of you" he hugs me back tightly and pulls away cheering shouting into the camera "we did it guys , 23 thousand dollars!"

he wraps his arm around me and colby whooping , Allison finished and groans "love you bro" "love you sis!" the cameraman switches the camera off and everyone finishes the marathon coming to talk to Sam and Colby and I walk away jumping to sit on a table nearby with cups of Gatorade , anytime someone comes over I hand them a cup and finally sam walks over sitting next to me "hey there" "hello sir" I look over and he's pink and his hair is sticking to his face.

I wonder how I look right now , probably like a dead rat. Me and Sam sit in silence gaping at the wonder of this beautiful fundraiser , my friends are life changers and they are my inspiration for everything in life , i Pat Sam's back and walk over to Nate kissing him deeply " you ran like a champ love" "anything for the validation of my lady" he says wrapping his arms around my waist , i peck his lips again and I hear awws so I snap my head around and it's ally back hugging sam while they both stare at us. i flip her off and drag Nate away.

ari speaks! ˚୨୧˚
woah this chapter was a little longer than I usually do , thanks for some good inspiration ml k.a <3 ur litt my pookie , i wish that all my readers will vote for my book and give me some suggestions on what they wish to see. I hope everyone reading this has a good day/night , take care of your self and don't skip any meals !!