Chapter 23: All Confused

"Hey!" He said and smiled.

I tried to speak but it seemed as if my voice was chocked. Is this a miracle or am I hallucinating? I thought. Before I could understand the situation, I heard my sister's voice from inside,“He has been here since morning.”

"What? Enzo? Are you real? No no it's not possible." I said and he started laughing.

I hit him lightly on the head to confirm that he is real. "Ouch! Maya." He said.

"Oh my God Enzo you are alive." I said and hugged him.

"Are you planning on staying out?"  Monica said and I realized I was still standing at the door. "Oh wait." I said and turned to say goodnight to Mayson but he was already gone. I felt a little sad but my sadness went away as soon as I came inside. Enzo is alive, could it get any better than this?
———————————————————

"Enzo are you really here or am I hallucinating?" I asked.

“Maya, I think you are asking this for the 100th time.” He said irritably.

"How could I not, you suddenly disappeared from our lives and now after so many years you are sitting in front of me..." I said. "...and chewing candies." He said further and started laughing.

"Shut up stupid!" I said while smacking his head.

"By the way, you told Aurora isn't dead. Do you know anything about her?" I asked.

"I don't know exactly where she is but I'm sure she's here in the human world and alive." He said.

"Enzo don't get me wrong we haven't heard from her in ages, are you sure she is alive?" I asked.

"Why don't you two believe me that she is alive." He said and looked at Monica.

"Because none of us saw her after that day." She said.

"Did you see her or something?" I asked him curiously.

"Look guys, I can't tell you everything right now. I will when the time comes, until then believe me that she is alive and here, please." He said.

"We believe in you, Enzo." I said reassuringly to him. I can understand his pain very well. I have also lost my parents so I know the pain of losing someone close to us.

"By the way, who was that guy in the car? Looks like he was some spoiled rich kid." He said.

"He was Mayson Forbes." I said.

"Oh! So this is the poor guy you want to kill?" He asked.

"Yes, but he is not a poor guy. How can he when he is rich? Wait what? How do you know?" I asked because it's quite suspicious that he know this. I also didn't like it when he mentioned killing him. Although this is true but still I don't know why I felt a pang in my chest.

"I have my ways." He said and I looked at Monica who said, "he didn't tell me too."

"Whatever it is, I'm not interested. You can murder or torture him or whatever you want to do…" Before he could finish his sentence, I got mad at him and yelled, "Shut the f*uck up Enzo, he's none of your business."

He was shocked with my sudden outburst and asked, "What's wrong?"

"N-nothing I am sorry." I said.

"Maya I think you are tired, you should get some rest. We can talk later." Monica said.

I nodded and excused myself from there.
———————————————————
I was sitting on my bed and literally pulling my hair out like crazy. Why does it hurt to think about him getting hurt? What's wrong with me?

"Why do you always look so innocent? Why am I even thinking about you? Arghhhh..." I was blabbering nonsense when the doorknob clicked and my sister came in.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked, sitting next to me and I just hummed in response. She started staring at me as if I was hiding a big secret from her.

"What?" I asked.

"What happened?" She asked.

I sighed deeply and said, "I don't know. I am just confused about my feelings."

She chuckled and said,"I won't force you to tell because I know how stubborn you are. You can tell me when you feel like telling, and don't mind Enzo, you know he is a crack head."

I chuckled and said, "yeah he is."

"Good night, take care." She said and hugged me.

"Yeah you too." I said and hugged her too.

After she left the room, I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes. Not that I'm going to sleep because I never sleep. Although I sometimes pretend to sleep because I have to disguise myself among humans. Now don't think that I am insomniac because I am not. It's just the way we are. None of us sleep because VAMPIRES never sleep. How can we waste our hunting time on this stupid thing called 'sleep'.  Although I drank blood of some bastards a few months ago, so I don't feel the need to kill anyone today or maybe for a few days, depending on my cravings.
———————————————————
(Mayson's POV)

It's 4 in the morning and I am wide awake. I didn't sleep a bit last night. I have been feeling uneasy ever since I saw that guy. Was he really her boyfriend? Of course he is, who else he could be. I don't understand why I don't like it. This is her life, she can have a boyfriend, she can hug whoever she wants, then why am I still not able to digest the fact of her having a boyfriend. I was wondering when I received a text from Kyle.

(Note: Kyle's message in italics and Mayson's in bold)

Hey! Text me or call me if you are alive.

What?

🧐 You are awake?

Since last night...

You didn't sleep!?!

Because I was playing chess with Annabelle.

Are you sure you're still alive? Who won by the way?

Kyleee...😤😤😤

What? You started this nonsense.

Ok ok...
I couldn't sleep because I was wondering about something.

Was it that important?

Perhaps. By the way why did you message me.

I was worried about you. You looked quite stressed last night and where did you go after the shooting?

I went to dance studio.

Dance studio!
Why?

To meet Maya

What?!
What were you two doing there?
Looks suspicious 🙈

Do you want me to kill you 😡😡

Ok ok I am just kidding. Why did you go there?

I will talk to you about this later.

I put my phone on silent and buried my head in the pillow because I was feeling sleepy now.