ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟠 : 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕚𝕣𝕕'𝕤 𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘

Chapter twenty-eight

_____

' Y/n, come back here right now ! '

' So that's how you spend your evenings ? To kill poor wretches who have done nothing to you ! '

' Lower your voice ! '

' You let them kill her ! She had life inside her, and you let them do that ! What kind of parents...what kind of mother would let such a thing happen ? Why did you deprive this woman of her happiness ? '

' She was impure, Y/n. You can't understand this kind of thing, you are too ignorant. '

' Impure ? Muggles eat, drink and sleep the same way we do. They are human, and even more so than all the people gathered in this room this evening ! Do you even know what cause you are defending ? Or are you just following the crowd like you always have ? '

' If we do all this it is to honor our ancestors who fought so that we could stand where we are today, and I refuse to let an insolent little girl like you gleefully spit on all these principles ! '

' Of course, it's always our ancestors' fault. I'm sure they're rolling over in their graves by now. '

' Whether you like it or not Y/n, you have it in your blood. '

' Murder, greed and stupidity without limits ? Please don't scare me. '

' Cunning, ambition and determination. As we all. Like every person who has set a foot in Slytherin. If one day you are sent to Hogwarts, it is in this house, and no other, that you will be placed. '

' I'm not like you and your so-called friends. I have no faith in any of your ridiculous bigoted beliefs. Maybe your parents managed to make you in the image they wanted, they managed to mold you the way they want, but I assure you that you will not do the same thing with me. Murder isn't in my blood, but don't get me wrong. I'm not as naive as you think. '

' Clearly, this discussion is not going to get us anywhere. You only hear what you want to hear. But know one thing, Y/n. The day you come face to face with the facts, because believe me that day will come, you will have no choice but to accept who you really are and what I, your father and all the wizards of our rank are fighting for. '

' So be it. But be certain of one thing, mother. I will fight for a cause that I choose, and not that someone will choose for me. '