𝟎𝟏.

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"know it's for the better."

chapter 1. welcome to colorado

THE AIRPORT was packed, bustling with people, chatter and the rolling of suitcases.

valeria and jackie stood in the middle of nowhere awaiting to meet their new parents, which would be valerias third set. third times a charm right?

valeria's head wasn't here, it was zoned out, she wasn't high as of yet since she couldn't hit anything while on the plane but her plan was to as soon as she was alone in the walters house. for now she was taking a puff of her vape, watermelon mint.

jackie was on the phone with their uncle richard who snapped valeria out of her thoughts.

"val, val are you there?" uncle richard questioned.

valeria blinked and suddenly was bought back to reality.

"um yeah hi uncle rich,"

"so was your flight okay?" he inquired, ignoring the vape in the girls hand, he was a teenager too once.

"yeah great," she quickly responded.

he sighed and started to speak again, "listen im sorry i couldnt come with you two to meet the walters.. i-

she cut him off after seeing two figures walking towards us with sympathetic smiles and waves.

"uh yeah well i think we see them," val grabs jackies phone ready to hang up but before that he quickly rambles,

"jackie, valeria, i know it's a big change. keep your head up. im here whenever you need me. all right? text me later, both of you."

"okay," jackie sighs before hanging up and grabbing back her phone.

"valeria, please try to be good around them, they don't know what you do to yourself and frankly i think its best if we don't worry them further." jackie lectures me for the fifth time within the past 24 hours.