𝟎𝟖.

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"secret jokes, all alone, no one's home, sixteen and wild."

chapter 8. i'm just sixteen

KATHERINE ALLOWED ME to stay home the next week off school after the very traumatic events of lucy's birthday. i still wasn't over it and going to school would just be too much right now.

the only good thing that came out of that day was probably seeing jackie, the girl i would never even imagine taking a sip of beer, hungover the next day. it was quite the sight i tell ya.

after an excruciating long 10 days of boredom had passed, it was finally the day. 20th november, my birthday.

i was turning sixteen, the age i had dreamed of being since i was eight years old. although i usually ended up crying on my birthdays, something told me that this birthday was going to be the best one yet.

things between me and isaac had been normal, less fiesty but i guess i didn't feel like picking fights with him after he had quite literally saved my life the other night.

lee had been very cautious of me as well, walking into my room every now and then making sure i was okay, seemed like he was very worried about me after that night.

i hadn't told anyone about what happened that night, not even jackie, but everyone had their own guesses considering ben's past incidents. i just wasn't ready to talk about it yet.

it didn't matter tho seeing as he was gone from my life, serving his time in puerto rican bootcamp and i was waking up in my bed, turning sixteen.

although it was a monday, i was awaken at 10am by the sounds of an entire family singing happy birthday to me.

i rubbed my eyes and there they were, all the walters, including will and haley, garcias and jackie surrounding my bed, singing as jackie appears with my birthday tradition, a singular red velvet cupcake and a 6 candle lit on top of it.