𝟎𝟏𝟏.

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"you're not my homeland anymore."

chapter 11. a troublesome thanksgiving

TOMORROW HAD COME, but today everyone was busy with thanksgiving preparations as thanksgiving break was underway.

the walters took thanksgiving quite seriously, with the tradition of everyone making one dish every year.

valeria had gotten ready and came downstairs due to the commotion in the house.

sipping her coffee quite sleepily, her mind traced back to isaac.

they hadn't talked for about two days and she was convinced they wouldn't for a while.

george walks in holding two massive pots, "hey. these'll work."

katherine laughs, "we're gonna brine turkeys in those?"

george nods, "they're 16 pounds. this is all we got."

isaac walks in, avoiding eye contact still as he grabs a pancake.

"hey, isaac, you might wanna swap out the leather and get a warmer coat. it's 80% chance of snow today, guys." george advises pointing at isaac's signature leather jacket before looking at me who was also wearing my leather jacket, "you too val."

isaac shakes his head chuckling, "sometimes you need to sacrifice comfort-"

"for style." i finish his sentence as he glances at me and smiles for the first time in what seems like forever.

my dad used to say the same thing when my mom told him off for wearing his leather jacket in the snow.

he clears his throat before explaining, "like, this leather jacket says "tough, chill, smooth." you getting it?"

i giggle slightly as george counters, "frostbite also says "tough," "chill," and "smooth." you get it?"

before isaac could be a smartass any further, lee interrupts the conversation asking george, "did you hear from our dad? do you know what time he's calling?"