𝟎𝟏𝟐.

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"you know i left a part of me back in new york?"

chapter 12. oh, brother?

EVERYONE WAS ENJOYING the wonderfully cooked meals in front of them.

as everyone else was engaged in conversations and laughter, valerias mind was more so focused on what uncle richard had said earlier.

knowing jackie, she could possibly leave and go back to new york, but she was the closest thing valeria had to a blood sister anymore, she wouldn't know what to do without her. she would have no choice but to go with.

new york was the city that never slept. the city where everything illegal can easily become legal with a fake id.

all of vals drugs, blunts, vapes even cigarettes sometimes could all be so simply acquired.

this made her never want to be sober, she hooked, addicted for more. and her dealer had no problem supplying her with the goods.

parties there were all the rage, the most hardcore liquor and vodka found within a 2 metre distance of the entry door.

people in new york were all messed up, united in their crazy ways of coping, and valeria fell victim to all of it.

here in colorado, things were alot different. good different.

valeria had buried the version of herself back in new york.

she never felt like recovery in the craziness of new york.

she realised the tranquility of colorado wad healing. the air was cleaner, the breeze was calmer.

she would wake up to the sound of birds chirping and horses neighing for a change. and she liked it.

but did jackie feel the same? did jackie like it enough to choose to stay here?

my mind was bought back to reality as uncle richard had asked, "it is the coolest thing, right, val and jacks?"

i hum, "mm-hmm."

"what's it called?" danny questions interested in the conversation about new york.

jackie replies, "manhattanhenge."